MQ-25 - Drones on Board....???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MQ-25 - Drones on Board....???

    http://www.boeing.com/defense/mq25/i...ntent=creative

    Looks like the refueling bots are about ready...

    Reams


  • #2
    At least according to Boeing’s sales and marketing department. I’ll wait until the folks at Pax River have their say.

    Best,
    Andy

    Comment


    • #3
      Open the Pod Bay doors Hal :-)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by A. Niemyer View Post
        At least according to Boeing’s sales and marketing department. I’ll wait until the folks at Pax River have their say.

        Best,
        Andy
        ...We have been delivering aircraft to the flight deck for over 90 years...
        I certainly don't remember any Boeing aircraft on any flight deck I was on.
        Last edited by Bruce Gorrell; 11-24-2018, 14:49.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think this is the last aircraft Boeing delivered to the carrier Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	8196 ​​​​​

          Comment


          • #6
            Well, if you believe that one can buy history, they sort of have a point:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by B.Butler View Post
              Well, if you believe that one can buy history, they sort of have a point:
              The name on the data plate isn't as important as the people/culture. The question is what happened to the talent that did design the stuff that occupied the flight deck. Given that they combined 20 years ago, I'd wonder about how much know-how was passed down.

              Comment


              • #8
                Russell -

                Well, they've been pumping F/A-18's out of St Louis since the merger (21 years ago).... ....and after a recent lull in the action, looks like they have production lined up for a few years...
                https://www.boeing.com/features/2018...ery-02-18.page

                Reams

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Reams Goodloe View Post
                  Russell -

                  Well, they've been pumping F/A-18's out of St Louis since the merger (21 years ago).... ....and after a recent lull in the action, looks like they have production lined up for a few years...
                  https://www.boeing.com/features/2018...ery-02-18.page

                  Reams
                  I know it's nitpicking, but those are McDonnell Douglas airplanes. The point of the ad is that they have been providing aircraft to carriers for 90 years. They haven't. McDonnell Douglas did for 70 of those years.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yeap, a BIG difference between building a mature airframe and designing/developing one.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X