Piper Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piper Cubs

Fly’n a Piper J-3 Cub is about as much fun fly’n as fly’n gets. And dats a fact!

Regards,
    Tom Charlton
    "The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Never flown a J-3. I have flown 115 HP and 150 HP Super Cubs. Mucho fun

Comment

Sounds like I really need some dual! I’ve gotten close but never got my conventional gear sign off. Sounds like I need an early morning and a grass strip!

Comment

My very first airplane ride was in the front seat of Uncle Art's J-3.

Comment

Oh...Ok, just start typing, don't look for a cursor...

I have had a lot of fun in a J-3, one thing I remember as a blast, was flying off a grass airport (Belle Glade,FL) (used to be grass) at about 10pm on a clear full moonlit night. ( don't mention the lack of lights...) In a time before kids....long long ago.
          Last edited by Jeff Hartmann; 12-03-2017, 12:57.

Comment

Now I'm just playing with the new stuff...

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	73.8 KB ID:	360
              Last edited by Jeff Hartmann; 12-03-2017, 14:24. Reason: Edited for attempt to fix...

Comment

Cindy, in a time before kids, lightning bolt corrected later by the owner. He literally bought a case of spray cans and repainted the fuselage. I can't remember the color...but it was a tractor yellow that matched very well.

( I thought I was adding this to the above post...oh well..)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hartmann View Post
                  ( don't mention the lack of lights...)
                  Hi Jeff,

Lack of lights<g>.
                  "The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Well, me’n three buddies did a fun hundred dollar cheeseburger yesterday. Ok the other guys ordered breakfast but I did have a cheeseburger!

113sm flight up to Williston, FL (60X) to the Pyper Kub Café.

Four aircraft: Two J-3 Cubs, a PA-18 Super Cub and a RANS S-18 Stinger.

Regards,
                    Tom Charlton

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Charlton View Post
                      Well, me’n three buddies did a fun hundred dollar cheeseburger yesterday. Ok the other guys ordered breakfast but I did have a cheeseburger!

113sm flight up to Williston, FL (60X) to the Pyper Kub Café.

Four aircraft: Two J-3 Cubs, a PA-18 Super Cub and a RANS S-18 Stinger.

Regards,
                      Tom Charlton
                      The other guys give the Cubs a head-start?

Comment

I did ask not to mention....

Comment

Originally posted by Stephanie Belser View Post
                          The other guys give the Cubs a head-start?
                          Hi Stephanie,

Hey, it’s the journey not the destination!
                          Ok, ok . . . I came in #4 at the cheeseburger end and #3 arriving back home.

So now we’re contemplate’n a run down to Everglades City (X01) for a seafood lunch.

Regards,
                          Tom Charlton

Comment

From the "Archives - Freeze 'n' Sneeze 2007"

I never said that my middle name was Grace . . .
                            Tom Tyson-A&P

Pilots without Mechanics are just Pedestrians with fancy watches . . .
                            ( . . . and Mechanics without Pilots are Unemployed.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mase Taylor View Post
                              My very first airplane ride was in the front seat of Uncle Art's J-3.
                              My first flight (circa 1960) was also in a J-3 at the Burlington NC airport. It was also the first time I ever saw a sailplane.

"Just move on, kid. Nothing to see here . . ."

- TT
                              Last edited by Tom Tyson; 12-05-2017, 10:32. Reason: Grammar Nazis . . . sheesh !
                              Tom Tyson-A&P

Pilots without Mechanics are just Pedestrians with fancy watches . . .
                              ( . . . and Mechanics without Pilots are Unemployed.)

Comment

Working...
                              X