X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Drone Rules

https://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/...go-into-effect

- Reams -

Sort of figured something would finally come.

I do take exception to the wording in several sections that seem to imply that a commercial operator in exempt from rules. They are not covered by THESE rules, but they have their own set of rules.

So NO, a commercial drone may not legally interfere with manned aircraft.

Comment

I’ve yet to sample drone flying. Ok, ok, I’ve flown toy airplanes but not multi rotor drones. Been following the incredibly rapid development. From mere toys to an incredible diversity of uses. In conjunction with gimbaled, and stabilized, hi resolution imaging we’re seeing videography never before possible.
      If I ever go down the toy drone path . . . I’ll be on the lookout for Randy’s 12 barrel, double gage <g>.

Also, seems many think this technology has opened another path to the “Flying Car”. This geezer not likely to sign up for that any time soon.

Regards,
      Tom Charlton
      "The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

I picked up a palm sized one to try it out. I fly it around the living room.

I have a number of RC helicopters. From 90 mm blade tiny electric, to a 710 mm blade gasoline powered one. MUCH harder to fly than drones.

Comment

I picked up a palm sized one to try it out. I fly it around the living room.
          Within five miles of an airport... hope you had permission!!

Comment

Working...
          X