Moving to new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to new computer

I'm slowly moving stuff and stumbled on zinstall.com. For $109 it claims it will move data, music, pictures AND programs from old PC to new. If true, that would save me having to purchase several applications. But I'm moving from Win 7 to Win 10, so some of the applications (Word, WordPerfect, Quicken) might not be at a high enough level.

Anyone here know anything about zinstall.com?

Looking for some reviews, it seem some people had problems with them. In some cases, it transferred things too well - like registry corruption.

Moving computers is a good time to shed all the stuff you think you need, but never really use.

Regardless of what any program promises, if the old program isn't supported under Windows 10, then the transfer is going to be iffy.

A bigger issue is 32-bit verses 64-bit when it comes to hardware. Odds are pretty good your old computer is running 32 bit, but the new one is 64 bit. If there's no 64 bit drivers for your hardware (like a scanner), it's not going to work on the new system. Windows 7/64 bit is worth a try, but if there's no 64, it's a show stopper. The exception is generic things like keyboards, mice and monitors.

Comment

Working...
    X