Don't copy original email with response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't copy original email with response

Using Thunderbird as my email handler in my new computer. When I Reply to an email, it attaches a copy of the original email to the reply. How do I stop that?

Ward, Look under "Tools", "Account Settings", "Composition and Addressing". Uncheck the box which says "Automatically quote the original message when replying".

My version of Thunderbird is older than yours, but I doubt it's any different in this regard.
    Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Further to this, once you have made the change to the default, your composition window, under "Options", will have "Quote message" if you need to change your mind for a specific message.
      Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Tackett View Post
        Ward, Look under "Tools", "Account Settings", "Composition and Addressing". Uncheck the box which says "Automatically quote the original message when replying".

My version of Thunderbird is older than yours, but I doubt it's any different in this regard.
        Ray, mine is different and does not have that box to in-check.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward Miller View Post
          Using Thunderbird as my email handler in my new computer. When I Reply to an email, it attaches a copy of the original email to the reply. How do I stop that?
          Ward -- I'm using T'bird 52.9.1. Here's where I go: tools|account settings| composition and addressing. And here's what I see, as described by Ray:

Comment

Working...
          X