w 7 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post
    Some of the sites I use require cookies to use them. I’ll look at your suggestions when I get back home.
    Just to be clear, I'm not talking about killing cookies from the site you're browsing. They're important for context, such as remembering you're logged in from page to page on a given site. I'm talking about thire-party cookies. Those come from outside advertisers and trackers on the site you're browsing. I once had to whitelist a bank's bill payment service, which was provided by a third party, but that was all.
    Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Cole Loftus View Post

What about googletagservices and googletagmanager?
      Never heard of 'em before, but they are now dead. Thanks.

Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

I have a w7 profession 64 bit and decided to reload w7. After doing so I no longer have any wifi reception. the wifi worked in safe mode before the reload.. Don't find any real help online so hoping here will have a solution. After the reload I went to the networking page and followed some online advice that said change the adapter, however the page where that is supposed to be is blank. Should I just give up and go to w 10 (shudder) or buy a new unit? Looking for the cheapest route, i do have everything backed up. Tia
        Dick

Comment

Originally posted by dick merrill View Post
          I have a w7 profession 64 bit and decided to reload w7.
          The problem with 64-bit is that you MUST have 64-bit drivers for any hardware you're using. I suspect that Win7-64 lacks the drivers for your WiFi device. Check the manufacturer's site and see if they have any drivers for it.

Comment

Thanks Russell, I think I had the 64 bit w7 before and everything worked. I'm now thinking of doing a wipe, and another w7 install?

Comment

Thanks Russell, I think I had the 64 bit w7 before and everything worked. I'm now thinking of doing a wipe, and another w7 install?
              Before going the brute force route, maybe you could go to the Device Manager and uninstall your wireless adapter (under Network Adapters) and then let Windows automatically re-install it. It can't hurt.

Comment

You can try what Mark suggested. If your current install doesn't have the driver, a wipe and re-install isn't likely to make it appear.

Keep in mind that Win7/64 was pretty unusual. I'm not sure as I ever saw one. Only with Win10 has 64-bit become the norm.

Comment

When I tried to look for the wireless adapter it only showed a blank page. Just tried to load w7 32 bit and it said my machine needs only 64 bit? I'm going to do a wipe and install the win7 64 bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Holton View Post

You can try what Mark suggested. If your current install doesn't have the driver, a wipe and re-install isn't likely to make it appear.

Keep in mind that Win7/64 was pretty unusual. I'm not sure as I ever saw one. Only with Win10 has 64-bit become the norm.
                    I had Win7/64 on my desktop, when purchased in 2010 and continued until Win10 was installed a couple of years ago.

Comment

When I tried to look for the wireless adapter it only showed a blank page. Just tried to load w7 32 bit and it said my machine needs only 64 bit? I'm going to do a wipe and install the win7 64 bit.
                      This machine I'm on was originally a Win 7/64 and updated to Win 10/64 with no issues. My wireless router is a Netgear R7000 and it came over to Win10/64 with no problems.

Have you gone out to your router manufacturer and downloaded a driver from them? Also since you are going to reload the Win7, why not go to Win10?

Grace and Peace,
                      I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
                      48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Just tried to load w7 32 bit and it said my machine needs only 64 bit?
                        Sounds like it found the 32-bit driver, but since you OS is 64-bit, it can't use it.

You can try a wipe and reload, but I think you're going to have to do one of the following:
                        - Download a 64-bit driver for your wireless
                        - Install a different wireless adapter
                        - Wipe and install 32-bit.

It's possible Win10/64 might have a driver. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Holton View Post

I still have Win7/64 on one computer. It is one chipset to early to be supported by Win10.

Comment

After re-installing W7 and letting it do all the updates, it is now working normally. Lost a few files but most are on BU.

Comment

Working...
                            X