Apple App Store Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple App Store Question

I have a new iPad, to which I have downloaded one paid app with which I was already familiar, and a couple of known freebies. I'd like to do some more browsing on the web store, e.g. for a cribbage game or a sudoku app. The free ones I've tried were garbage. If I install a paid-for app, then delete it inside of say, ten minutes, is there a way to kill the charge?
    Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

iPads are nice. I have a Samsung Note that I am about to upgrade to a Windows Surface Pro. I can't help much on the app question since my only paid apps are NYT, WaPo and the WSJ.

Grace and Peace,
    I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
    48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

I don't own any iOS devices, and the company iPad is locked down to only allow whitelisted apps, so I don't know the answer. See if this article has anything useful for you.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/what-you...ios-app-store/

Comment

Good to know about subscriptions, though I seldom use any app or service which keeps on charging forever. For the thread, I have found that apps I'm interested in often have a free, ad-supported version, and a version you can pay for -- once -- which has no ads.
        Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Ray: some of the free apps don’t show ads in airplane mode if that’s an option.

Comment

Working...
          X