LOADS arrival into Addison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOADS arrival into Addison

Arriving in Dallas area yesterday at Addison KADS. Severe clear and as I came in on the LOADS arrival notice where that intersection is on the arrival. It's shown on the arrival chart well south of Addison, actually south of Mesquite. Yet, on the actual chart and on my GMX200 and I Pad, it's a bit north and east of Addison airport. Not much help as far as situational awareness. Should I report it, or are others just as poorly located?
    You have to click on the pdf to open the FAA's graphic.
    Attached Files

Dave -- I'd send a note to the FAA charting people, and also sned in a report to the ASRS people at NASA...it could compromise safety as inaccurately charted.

Also, WWWS (what would/does Wally say)?

Comment

Wally agreed it was in err. Brian Harrelson, who works at FAA in OKC, chimed in with a correction on the July update.
      "We are going to revise the chart as shown below. Unfortunately, we do not put Arrivals in the Change Notice, so we will have it updated for the July 19th chart cycle. The position of the airports were charted in the wrong locations."
      Nice to see the system work!

Comment

Hate to say it, but years ago, I pointed out some issues on Addison approaches. Seemed they checked and found many more and there was revision after revision for a while. :-)

Comment

Looks like it will not be an extended downwind for 15 when landing south which should give an arriving pilot plenty of opportunity to prepare and know what to expect.

Comment

New graphic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post
              New graphic.
              That's more better.

Comment

Your experience parallels my own with an issue on the New York sectional (remember those?). It wasn't as obvious, and required local knowledge of the KAVP area to spot it. About ten days went by, and I got a phone call from a cartographer whose responsibilites included the NY sectional. We had a great discussion, and the issue was fixed in the next update.

Folks, DO report charting issues. As in Dave's case, it can be a safety contribution.
                Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Working...
                X