Big FAR Re-Write Final Rule Parts 1, 91, 135, etc. being published tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big FAR Re-Write Final Rule Parts 1, 91, 135, etc. being published tomorrow

A final rule is being published tomorrow I believe in the Federal Register that affects aviation training device users, flight instructor applicants and many others (including Part 135 SICs). Here's the link: https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-insp...2018-12800.pdf

The Executive Summary itself is lengthy, it starts on page 5 of the pdf and there's a table starting on page 6 that highlights the many regulatory changes.

Some significant (and, from where I sit, positive) changes in here. Our board asked some clarifying questions during the comment period around ATDs, and we were pleased to have them clarified. They also clarified some info regarding how we could get some aircraft in our fleet to TAA status.

Comment

Originally posted by John O'Shaughnessy [FCM] View Post
      Some significant (and, from where I sit, positive) changes in here. Our board asked some clarifying questions during the comment period around ATDs, and we were pleased to have them clarified. They also clarified some info regarding how we could get some aircraft in our fleet to TAA status.
      John -- Yes, very good, on balance. It's interesting that we're back to the world where a CFII who doesn't hold a CFI certificate can give instrument instruction in a single if his/her pilot certificate has airplane single among the categories/classes. I can't, however, understand the logic of not applying the same rule to a CFII giving multi instrument instruction.

Comment

Working...
      X