Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larry sreyoB View Post
    Where to?

Linden is closed or just no more for you?

I transferred to Chicago last December. Much easier commute!
    The Diamond was based at LDJ, sold it the end of 2009. We sold the Staten Island house last year. I live in Queens until I retire and have a house upstate, which we go to on weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by John Tucci View Post

Thanks Terry.

Yes, Like a Fighter. So much so, my friend a former F-15 driver and South West pilot is having Mid-West Sky Sport build an assisted EAB version. It should be ready in September. He was there last week working on it.
      I did not need to hear that.

Comment

John,
        Very nice, indeed! It's an LSA, right? I've recently figured out that an IFR-certified LSA is a thing, so you can file an IFR flight plan and fly in the system, just don't go IMC. Hypothetically, is it capable of cruising over the LSA "official" 120-knot speed limit? Hypothetically, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Alson View Post
          John, hope you enjoy your new toy!! Remember you were going to schedule a fly in lunch somewhere so we can check out the Sling.

Andy
          Yes Andy, daughter getting married mid August, so after that will work. Looking forward to it..

Comment

Thanks John! And Larry, I’m based out of KMSV now.

Comment

Originally posted by A. Niemyer View Post
              John,
              Very nice, indeed! It's an LSA, right? I've recently figured out that an IFR-certified LSA is a thing, so you can file an IFR flight plan and fly in the system, just don't go IMC. Hypothetically, is it capable of cruising over the LSA "official" 120-knot speed limit? Hypothetically, of course.
              Yes, S-LSA. Everywhere else it’s max weight is 700kg, here in the US it’s 600kg. Just the paperwork, but the EAA announced at OSH that the FAA will be making a change, upping the weight limits, could be a year or two. The Mfgr, already stated they would sign off if that happens, which is nice to know

Hey, is that you on the Tecnam site?

Comment

I spent some time at the Sling booth at Oshkosh this year. The young guy I spoke with said he was in California when you were picking up your plane. He's based in Michigan. The Sling is a great looking machine!

Comment

Originally posted by John O'Shaughnessy [FCM] View Post
                  I spent some time at the Sling booth at Oshkosh this year. The young guy I spoke with said he was in California when you were picking up your plane. He's based in Michigan. The Sling is a great looking machine!
                  Yes, it was probably Adam, from Midwest Sky Sports. They have a builder assist program. My friend, a South West pilot, is having one built by them now. He was up before OSH, for the first of two weeks to work on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X