Warthogs uber alles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warthogs uber alles

Oh, lordy, Terry.....a Warthog flyover of the Superbowl!

Between that and the final score, I am sorry I did not watch the game.

There used to be Hogs at Madison, WI ANG unit.

Comment

It was a pretty good game, and I'm not much of a football fan anymore.

Comment

Why have a flyover of a domed stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Gorrell View Post
          Bruce, t'wuz EAXCTLY my thoughts! Al called me, told me Steverino was gonna lead that formation past in "Sierra Sue" and I wondered - so? Saw only a little bit of it on TV, a photo shot of the Mustang's back seat?

best, randy

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Gorrell View Post
            The stadium has large windows at (at least) one end, and half the roof is translucent. I suppose it is more to mark things as a BIG EVENT, and for the television viewers.

Nice article here: https://www.sbnation.com/2018/2/4/16...age-foundation

Comment

Originally posted by John O'Shaughnessy [FCM] View Post
              suppose it is more to mark
              Sure dunno! Chuckling here tho, when Al told me he wanted to interview Steverino when he was in town to lead that flyover I thought of telling Al where Steve might'a got that idea tho, recall MANY years ago we did a formation flyover at the Ft. Smelling vets cemetary and I remember leading that formation in the B-25 from Flying Cloud.

Chuckle, had several bales of flowers(roses?) in the bomb-bay and I arranged them to have the slipstream cut the twine ties when I dumped them. Katy was in the back end and they (her and helper) tossed a bale out of the side window of the rear compartment when we passed over. Only problem was, those two didn't cut the twine on the bale and it hit the ground and bounced end over end and over about twenty feet in the air when it hit the ground. Good ole days, I guess!

best, randy

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Sohn View Post
                Only problem was, those two didn't cut the twine on the bale and it hit the ground and bounced end over end and over about twenty feet in the air when it hit the ground. Good ole days, I guess!
                That's a great story! Love to see the faces of the folks on the ground expecting flowers to be floating down...

Comment

Love to see the faces of the folks on the ground expecting flowers to be floating
                  Chuckle, Memorial Day flyovers were always interesting, that also was the day that that John's FCM museum opened.

Prolly what you should've seen is the faces of that car's occupants when that bale hit and bounced over the fence right in front of them on the asphalt of that street on the west side of Ft. Snelling's Memorial burial grounds

best, randy

Comment

That's a great story! Love to see the faces of the folks on the ground expecting flowers to be floating down...
                    As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Sohn View Post

Sure dunno! Chuckling here tho, when Al told me he wanted to interview Steverino when he was in town to lead that flyover I thought of telling Al where Steve might'a got that idea tho, recall MANY years ago we did a formation flyover at the Ft. Smelling vets cemetary and I remember leading that formation in the B-25 from Flying Cloud.

Chuckle, had several bales of flowers(roses?) in the bomb-bay and I arranged them to have the slipstream cut the twine ties when I dumped them. Katy was in the back end and they (her and helper) tossed a bale out of the side window of the rear compartment when we passed over. Only problem was, those two didn't cut the twine on the bale and it hit the ground and bounced end over end and over about twenty feet in the air when it hit the ground. Good ole days, I guess!

best, randy
                      Sounds like the scene from WKRP in Cincinnati.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post

Sounds like the scene from WKRP in Cincinnati.
                        See above...;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Jones View Post
                          See above...;-)
                          Concur with BOTH!

best, randy

Comment

I typed before reading to the end.

Comment

Of the airplanes in the flyover, the Warthog is about the only one I'd be willing to try and fly, iffn Terry can tell me how to start it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X