• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accident waiting to happen

Don't think I will ride in it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko6aCLVDUYM

Originally posted by dick merrill View Post
    Don't think I will ride in it!
    Good idee! (IMHO anyhow). I like operating in ground effect, can definitely tell the difference/improvement but - guarendangtee'ya - that you can't look away for an instant/fail to "pay ten'chun" for a second! BT&DT!

best, randy

Comment

Looks like they've reinvented the Ekranoplan.

Comment

Notice no scenes with any waves.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Jones View Post
          Looks like they've reinvented the Ekranoplan.
          Pretty much. You can see the success of that concept from all of the Ekranoplan ferries that are operating around the world. {/sarcasm}

Other than the point that it can be operated by sailors instead of pilots, I can't see what that thing will do that a DHC-2 or a C-206 on floats can't do better. I doubt if it'll be that much cheaper to buy one.
          Last edited by Stephanie Belser; 04-02-2018, 07:43.

Comment

Ekranoplan, indeed. I agree with previous comments about waves. I don't see any potential for maneuverability, either. There's no room for a significant bank angle. If they use the rudder along with opposite aileron to kill the bank, the thing will just go sideways, gradually accelerating on the new heading, and gradually decelerating on the old heading. One drunken fool on a jet ski is about all it would take to destroy the thing in an unavoidable collision.
            Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Not to mention limited sight distance at that altitude.

Comment

Working...
              X