From Randy Sohn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Randy Sohn

Little adjustment on the rocker arms, no big deal.

Comment

"What's a cylinder got to do around here to get some fresh air?"

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Holton View Post
        "What's a cylinder got to do around here to get some fresh air?"
        Well, now (anyhow, I think) I know or have learned how to insert a photo on here.

best, randy

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Sohn View Post
          Well, now (anyhow, I think) I know or have learned how to insert a photo on here.
          Nice! The proof is if you can do it again.

Comment

The proof is if you can do it again
            Oh boy! Or - as the locals up here are wont to mutter - "Uff-dah!".

best, randy

Comment

Nice! The proof is if you can do it again
              Well, les'see if'n this'll work about re-qualifying Paul in the B-29?

best, randy

Comment

By chance, I was at the Pima Air Museum yesterday. Took the tram ride around the outside aircraft. We stopped in front of this old convair with the piston sticking out. The driver explained the background (it happened on the last ferry flight to Davis-Monthan some years ago and they (Pima Museum) decided to leave it as it was. I asked the tram driver why the prop was not feathered. He did not know, but was an ex SAC pilot. Regards, Dux, leaving Tucson for Minneapolis May 7th. Hope the snow is mostly gone from the BP parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Sohn View Post
                  Well, les'see if'n this'll work about re-qualifying Paul in the B-29?
                  Well, whad'ya Know. It did!

Comment

Well, whad'ya Know. It did!
                    Mmmmmmh, it'za wonder then, cuz it only took me about 4 or 5 attempts!

Sometime I ought'a put the one above it on here, shows Paul (II) in the left seat and Paul (IV) in Fifi's right seat. He was very proud of his grandson (who, IIRC, is now meb'be either a B/G or M/G).

best, randy
                    Last edited by Randy Sohn; 04-26-2018, 15:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Duxbury View Post
                      old convair with the piston sticking out
                      That'za Martin, not a Cornborer! But I dunno if it's a 202 or a 404? Only flown one once, with Vermin Thorp from Brownsville up to to Corpus. Recall that every time I turned to look at something, it'd turn with me, lotta dihedral.

best, randy

Comment

OK, the Pima Museum does indeed list this as a Martin 404, delivered in 2000 to the Museum. Not even sure if there is an engine in that bird -and the prop was probably added after the delivery. Long before my arrival, Northwest flew the Martins -not sure if they had a good experience with them.

Regards, Dux from sunny and too warm (above average by 12 degrees) Tucson. No BP's today or next Saturday, but then should rejoin the group.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Duxbury View Post
                          Northwest flew the Martins -not sure if they had a good experience with them
                          Well, to hear them tell it, no. IIRC, Ralphie Render's brother was on that one that hit the flagpole at Ft. Snelling's cemetary and ended up in the basement of that house. Chuck Doyle used to tell me, ad nauseum, about some little old lady in the crash's neighborhood telling him "I told you before, you boys fly w-a-y too low".

Just now am back from BPs and, in your absence, we all talked about you. Chip was there with a Nhhiiiivvvveeeee jacket on so we sorta had to belay talking about the USN.

best, randy

Comment

https://www.airplane-pictures.net/ph...te-martin-404/
                            SN 14153
                            N462M...Mohawk Airlines "Airchief Ahenaki"
                            Previously Eastern Airlines N462A...
                            Later, Ozark Airlines, Fairchild-Hiler Corp, Piedmont Airlines "Long Island Pacemaker", Fairchild-Hiller Corp, Jacka Richiards Aircraft Corp, World Aviation Inc., Higher Timber Development Corp, Alvin Fuller, Onyx Aviation, Marvin Janzen......

Quite the history...

Reams

Comment

Working...
                            X