Drawing of my plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave, that is really nice! Like Jeff, I was expecting something in crayon from a 5 year old...

Comment

Originally posted by A. Niemyer View Post
      Dave,
      Very nice work! Can she do my Cirrus?

Best,
      Andy
      I'm sure that could be arranged. I'd have to check with her and get a couple pics to send her.

Comment

[QUOTE=Larry sreyoB;n12739]How old is your grandaughter?

[QUOTE]
        Abby is 15. She certainly has some talent. She draws all the time. Sometimes difficult to get her away from it. She's in art school now and wants to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry sreyoB View Post
          How old is your grandaughter?

My daughter, almost 17, is an artist. Her favorite drawing style is Anime. Wants to study animation after high school (I think that's from playing too many computer games!)
          Universal has (or at least had) a digital animation school in Orlando. A buddy attended.

He did not get a job in the industry, but he also was not willing to relocate to LA area. Which was seriously limiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post
            Abby is 15. She certainly has some talent. She draws all the time. Sometimes difficult to get her away from it. She's in art school now and wants to continue.
            Last year, Nicole did something called "InkTober". It was on some website. For each day in October there was a single word. The challenge was to make an ink drawing each day based on that day's word. She really enjoyed that and came up with a lot of creative stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
              Universal has (or at least had) a digital animation school in Orlando.
              She has no interest in going out of town for college. We're looking at the local options.

Comment

Last year, Nicole did something called "InkTober". It was on some website. For each day in October there was a single word. The challenge was to make an ink drawing each day based on that day's word. She really enjoyed that and came up with a lot of creative stuff.
                I'm in awe of their ability to visualize something and portray it in a work. When Abby was here, we went to the Art Museum in Fort Worth where they had a Monet exhibit. We could walk through and listen to a tape give us insight. All water lilies. As he became more impressionistic, less reality based. At one painting, the tape discussed how he tried to catch motion in his paintings. I was lost. She said they had been working on that in class. Oh well.

Comment

She has no interest in going out of town for college. We're looking at the local options.
                  If I'd lived in a city where I could go to Vanderbilt I probably wouldn't have wanted to leave town to go to school either.
                  I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
                  48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

OK. This is not college. It a 1 year program on digital animation. Taught by a major studio.

http://www.daveschool.com/lp/visual-...SAAEgKUdfD_BwE

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post

At one painting, the tape discussed how he tried to catch motion in his paintings. I was lost. She said they had been working on that in class. Oh well.
                      A lot of art commentary is pure BS, IMO. (NICE job on the drawing.)

There was a "Non Sequitur" cartoon about a year ago, which I can't find right now. It's a guy in an art museum waxing enthusiastic about a large canvas of paint splotches while a small crowd listens. Off to one side, a security guard is saying to another, "I'll let him go another couple of minutes before I tell him it's the dropcloth from painting my living room last weekend."

Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Ray,
                        When I was an undergrad I faced considerable, enthusiastic pressure from the art historians in my college’s Art Department to move into Art History for my advanced degrees. They were wonderful, erudite folks, but I had the common courtesy to simply tell them I had my military commitment to fulfill rather than tell them how astonishingly pretentious and turgid I thought it all was. I learned a whole lot, and it’s served me well, but a career simply making up different descriptions of pieces, movements, trends, etc. just didn’t appeal to me.

OTOH, I was convinced that I was heading for an MFA in the theatre/film crafts, and that never happened, either.

Best,
                        Andy

Comment

Some of us are doers: historians more are reporters. I think I really hurt a Profs feelings when I didn’t go in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by A. Niemyer View Post
                            When I was an undergrad I faced considerable, enthusiastic pressure from the art historians in my college’s Art Department to move into
                            Adm. Andy, chuckle, FINALLY somebody figured out a good use for someone with Nighhhhveeee type tendencies!

best, randy

Comment

Working...
                            X