Bye, Bye, TTx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye, Bye, TTx

Cessna, err, Textron's not making them any more.
    Textron Aviation quietly ended production of the Cessna TTx in January.

Originally posted by Stephanie Belser View Post
    Cessna, err, Textron's not making them any more.
    Andy A, what were the issues with the TTx (2015 or 2016?)at HPN? I just remember really bad build quality on electrics and avionics integration. Is that accurate from what you remember?

Comment

Not sure exactly what the specific issues were, just remember that my former student bought one, back in 2014, I think, and he had it down for maintenance for quite a while. He like it a lot when he was able to fly it.

I flew one of them for quite a few hours and really liked the airplane. Handled well, really fast, comfortable cabin with good visibility. G1000 was well integrated and seemed to work well. Not much of a useful load with full fuel, especially with the air-conditioning option, but that's not too unusual. I was never impressed with the marketing effort and I never liked the "Corvalis" name they selected for it.

Comment

>>I was never impressed with the marketing effort and I never liked the "Corvalis" name they selected for it.<<

Andy.....

Ditto....

I always had the impression that Textron purchased it to kill competition, and not to ever develop it into a viable product line, going forward... It was never properly advertised or marketed. It all looked like they went through the motions they might have been obligated to undertake in a deal, but never put their full efforts and energy into making the product a success...

Reams

Comment

Reams,
          I liken Cessna to the dog that caught the car. Once they had it, they had utterly no idea what to do with it. It wasn't made out of aluminum, with a high wing.

Best,
          Andy

Comment

Originally posted by A. Niemyer View Post
            Reams,
            I liken Cessna to the dog that caught the car. Once they had it, they had utterly no idea what to do with it. It wasn't made out of aluminum, with a high wing.
            I feel the same way.

Comment

Comment

I demoed the Columbia way back when and it was nice, but I didn't really like the side stick and fixed gear. Couldn't get a turbo way back then or more fuel, so, I purchased the A-36TN instead. Seemed nice enough for many folks, but didn't fit what I was trying to do.

Comment

Originally posted by John O'Shaughnessy [FCM] View Post

I feel the same way.
                  How? Like the "dog" or like "them"? <g>

best, randy

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Sohn View Post

How? Like the "dog" or like "them"? <g>

best, randy
                    Heh -- I feel the same as Andy.

Here is Paul Bertorelli's take on the situation. https://www.avweb.com/eletter/archiv...3924-full.html -- The article is partway down the right side. Not sure how to link to only the article.

Comment

Working...
                    X