X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon A5 Demo Flight

Nice!

Comment

All of the marketing that I've seen for the airplane has been like that video. Doesn't seem to be demonstrating the safest operating procedures.

Comment

ICON Flight Center/
        Low Altitude Flying Guidelines
        https://www.iconaircraft.com/flight-...s/low-altitude

T.C.
        "The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Oh, marvelous. Gotta do a box canyon reversal? No problem, there's a checklist for that.

Comment

Even better. Based on that, they are telling pilots that flying at 400 AGL is fine and not different than at 1000+ AGL. REALLY?

I guess that is why I went through so much low level training.

Comment

Fly below 400' and you might get surprised by a small quadcopter flying legally. What makes it pretty place for you makes it a pretty place for them too.

Comment

Power lines, birds, drones, helicopters...

Comment

Originally posted by Mase Taylor View Post
                  G-e-e-z Mase, now you've done gone and reminded me about the bad dreams of the crop-dusting biz?

best, randy

Comment

Well, flying at 200 feet over the ocean with a big patrol plane with 12 folks and making turns, better have at least one set of eyes on the altitude hold feature of the autopilot and altitude indicator. Still, lost many a USN Patrol plane over the years, I think the first P-3 was lost on a check flight at night, circa 1963, VP-8, from Pax River? lost a good friend in that one.

Regards, Dux -well don't ask about herding sheep in Spain at low altitude in a P-2V from Rota Spain, summer 1962, VP-56.

Comment

Originally posted by Mase Taylor View Post
                      The GROUND

Comment

Working...
                      X