And the BRRRT goes on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the BRRRT goes on

The USAF announced it has completed the program of re-winging 162 A-10's...https://amp.businessinsider.com/air-...rce=reddit.com

Originally posted by Ralph Jones View Post
    The USAF announced it has completed the program of re-winging 162 A-10's...https://amp.businessinsider.com/air-...rce=reddit.com
    Hi Ralph,
    Sure good to hear.
    Must be one of the most effective, beautiful, butt-ugly weapons of war ever made. I’m still in disbelief that there was ever even an A-10 vs F-35 discussion.

Regards,
    Tom Charlton
    "The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Now they just need to reverse engineer the rest of the aircraft and build a couple hundred or so more of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
        Now they just need to reverse engineer the rest of the aircraft and build a couple hundred or so more of them.
        Hi Terry,
        Yup, sounds good to you n me. But, don’cha know . . . someone would want to outfit’m with the same package of electronic magic that the F-35 has. There goes the price and dispatch reliability.
        All it needs is the gun, wings, engines and pilot tub. Ok, ok, maybe a couple’a com radios to talk to the guys need’n help on the ground.

Regards,
        Tom Charlton
        "The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

That referenced an old contract that was completed. A new contract for more work is being considered.
          A request for more A-10 wings is coming in the fiscal 2019 budget request, but the Air Force still doesn't know how many Warthogs squadrons it wants to keep long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Charlton View Post
            All it needs is the gun, wings, engines and pilot tub. Ok, ok, maybe a couple’a com radios to talk to the guys need’n help on the ground.
            Back in my day all you needed to talk to the folks on the ground was a Fox-Mike and a Kentucky 28.

Yea I know I'm old. ROFL
            I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
            48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Hi Terry,
              Yup, sounds good to you n me. But, don’cha know . . . someone would want to outfit’m with the same package of electronic magic that the F-35 has. There goes the price and dispatch reliability.

Regards,
              Tom Charlton
              Actually, the C model has a lot of the bells and whistles of the F-35 and similar.

Too bad you will not be in Duluth to talk about it. I got to fly the C model sim last year. AMAZING.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Bridges View Post

Back in my day all you needed to talk to the folks on the ground was a Fox-Mike and a Kentucky 28.

Yea I know I'm old. ROFL
                The A model had UHF-AM, VHF-AM, and VHF-FM. The later to talk to the Army mainly.

Those and a TACAN were the avionics.

C model is MUCH more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post
                  That referenced an old contract that was completed. A new contract for more work is being considered.
                  A request for more A-10 wings is coming in the fiscal 2019 budget request, but the Air Force still doesn't know how many Warthogs squadrons it wants to keep long term.
                  Hmm, article says 281 operational.

But they built 716 of them. Where are the rest? Sounds like refit and upgrade to C and keep on trucking.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
                    Too bad you will not be in Duluth to talk about it.
                    Hi Terry,
                    Concur! Some of the finest folks a guy could ever know will be there.
                    Got’a get my house sold, then find/buy another house in my new preferred location.

I got to fly the C model sim last year. AMAZING.
                    Now that’d be a hoot! Does the sim model weaponry also?

Regards,
                    Tom Charlton

Comment

Hi Terry,
                      Concur! Some of the finest folks a guy could ever know will be there.
                      Got’a get my house sold, then find/buy another house in my new preferred location.

Now that’d be a hoot! Does the sim model weaponry also?

Regards,
                      Tom Charlton
                      You have to come join the gang to hear about it.

AMAZING sim.

Comment

Working...
                      X