Chopper Pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopper Pilot

A bit dramatic, but this describes the helo training program Army folks like Bill and I attended. Brings back some memories.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g7IX0lRRGCc

I read about that in Flying mag back in the day. It said if young ladies in Dothan got lonesome, all they had to do was paint an old tire white and put it out back...;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Jones View Post
      I read about that in Flying mag back in the day. It said if young ladies in Dothan got lonesome, all they had to do was paint an old tire white and put it out back...;-)
      I don't know about the young ladies in Dothan, but I got lots of stories about "them" tires. ROFL
      I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
      48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

I seem to remember we had a lot more freedom in Mineral Wells area after soloing. At Rucker (closer to Dothan) we were in Hueys which were crewed and much more difficult to land in back yards (g)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post
          I seem to remember we had a lot more freedom in Mineral Wells area after soloing. At Rucker (closer to Dothan) we were in Hueys which were crewed and much more difficult to land in back yards (g)
          For the life of me I can't recall the name of that radio co. at Mineral Wells airport or the name of that Army ? Camp either. Took a Cessa 195 or 190 down there for some electronics work from Lubbock, was some avionics radio company on that airport.

best, randy
          Last edited by Randy Sohn; 03-15-2020, 23:04.

Comment

Brittain auto pilots there. Fort/Camp Wolters.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post
              Brittain auto pilots there. Fort/Camp Wolters.
              Ah-so, copy-copy!!!!!!!! Yup, that was it, took Roy Neal's (Wes-Tex Aircraft) 190 down there from LBB once for some work on it, just couldn't think of who was there. Just west of Ft. Worth or Mineral Wells, right?

best, randy

Comment

It's been a long time for me, but when I went it was on the Mineral Wells airport.

Comment

Working...
                X