Vulcan Bomber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulcan Bomber

For those with Netflix, I just watched a fun documentary: Guy Martin & the Last Flight of the Vulcan Bomber. It's about an hour and highly recommended, what a beautiful airplane!

I see there's also a Guy Martin's Spitfire....better put that on my list, too.

Thanks for the point out. I watched the Vulcan video, very enjoyable, and will probably watch the Spitfire tonight.

andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Alson View Post
      Thanks for the point out. I watched the Vulcan video, very enjoyable, and will probably watch the Spitfire tonight.

andy
      I'm starting the Spitty one now....just loaded Ann onto the jet at SWF, off to Edinburgh.

Comment

Spitfire video was fascinating to watch. Doesn't look like much of the original aircraft was used in the "restoration" though.

Comment

Andy, it doesn't look like there was much of it left to work with as they dug it out of the sand at Dunkirk......

Comment

Like some P-51s. If you have a data plate a set of gear legs, they can make a whole airplane for you. Oh, and you do need a few bucks to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
              Like some P-51s. If you have a data plate a set of gear legs, they can make a whole airplane for you. Oh, and you do need a few bucks to make it happen.
              They did that in Auckland with a mossie data plate a few years ago. Last I heard it was based in and flying out of the Tidewater Virginia area.

https://www.fighterfactory.com/de-havilland-mosquito
              Last edited by Tom Tyson; 07-19-2018, 20:14.
              Tom Tyson-A&P

Pilots without Mechanics are just Pedestrians with fancy watches . . .
              ( . . . and Mechanics without Pilots are Unemployed.)

Comment

I thought they were also going to make "new" ones. Since they had the jigs and molds and such.

Comment

I walked around and under a Vulcan at the National Aviation Museum of Scotland, outside Edinburgh. BIG aircraft. And LONG gear legs.

Comment

Working...
                  X