Mooney Shuts Down Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mooney Shuts Down Again

They have again closed down. I believe they delivered 14 airframes last year. A shame, they handle nicely, but I personally found them too cramped. https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/...es-furloughed/

I've lost count of Mooney's bankruptcies. Remember when they tried making Ercoupes? Or when they predicted that their pressurized M22 would put the Bonanza out of production?
    Last edited by Ralph Jones; 11-13-2019, 09:40.

Comment

Sorry to hear it. With the economy as strong as it's been, one has to wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post
        Sorry to hear it. With the economy as strong as it's been, one has to wonder.
        All the cool guys have parachutes.

Comment

It is reported elsewhere (Will not link, out of personal policy) that apparently there is a recording or other information from Mooney that this layoff is for two weeks and they are supposed o return to work sometime around the week of Thanksgiving. I cannot verify that at this moment. We shall see.

Best,

Comment

According to Wikipedia, they have have Chinese money behind them, so anything is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
              According to Wikipedia, they have have Chinese money behind them, so anything is possible.
              Hi Terry,
              “Chinese”? Hmm . . . Kind’a reminds me of an aeroplane outfit up dare in Dilute. Also Lycoming and Continental if I’m not mistaken. Ain’t no tell’n what that’ll lead to eventually. What’s the world coming to?

Regards,
              Tom Charlton
              "The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

And at some point, the it will not be the Chinese with the money, and their companies will be foreign owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Charlton View Post
                  “Chinese”? Hmm . . . Kind’a reminds me of an aeroplane outfit up dare in Dilute. Also Lycoming and Continental if I’m not mistaken. Ain’t no tell’n what that’ll lead to eventually. What’s the world coming to?
                  I see this as the downside of any large sustained trade imbalance. They have to do something with that big pile of US dollar bills. Unless the other country is able to buy something they need from another country (perhaps oil from the Saudis), it's going to be used to buy something from us.

If it's not a manufactured product, then it's going to be titles - such as titles to land and businesses.

Comment

...and they're back at work with a new investor on board. https://dailytimes.com/promotions/ar...021e27776.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Jones View Post
                      ...and they're back at work with a new investor on board. https://dailytimes.com/promotions/ar...021e27776.html
                      Hi Ralph and others,
                      Lather, rinse, repeat.
                      Also: How to make a fortune in aviation . . .

Overnighted at Kerville back when I flew my Cub from Kalifornia to Florida. Not sure if Mooney was on/off or just shut down for the weekend at the time.

Regards,
                      Tom Charlton (whos never even ridden in a Mooney . . . ok, well, there was the affiliated Rice Rocket)
                      "The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Working...
                      X