Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikey crashed

https://app.ntsb.gov/pdfgenerator/Re...=HTML&IType=LA

A 22 year old pilot. I knew it was going to happen that some bozo with less sense than a flea would kill Mikey.
    BoatPix. I’ll bet anything that it was one of their pilots. They bought 923SM. They have a reputation of hiring young pilots who are building hours. Their pilots often have attitude. There are all kinds of stories about BoatPix.
    I’m angry and heartbroken.

I hear you...same thing happened with the Cherokee 140 I once owned. Several owners later it took off from ABQ on a hot day, four aboard, you know the rest.

Comment

WTF

Further, the ropes used to tie down the helicopter’s main rotor blades were found wrapped around the rotor head swashplate and pitch control rods.

Comment

Oh no. Sorry to hear that, Anne. As for Boatpix? They always scare the crap out of me when they circle taking photos of our boat while we're in Fishers Island Sound. Afraid they're going to hit the mast!

Comment

Oh dear me. Anne, I’m so sorry to read that sad news.

Andy

Comment

Very sorry to hear Anne. We had a accident like that in RVN where a GP strap a backseater had on his lap came loose and wrapped around the rotor mast. Seems like things that have happened years ago keep happening.

Comment

I had a CWO in my recon platoon try to start an OH-58 with the main rotor still tied down. One of the other pilots saw what was happening and reach in the door an shut it down. It was a CLM.
              I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
              48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post
                Very sorry to hear Anne. We had a accident like that in RVN where a GP strap a backseater had on his lap came loose and wrapped around the rotor mast. Seems like things that have happened years ago keep happening.
                Somewhere around An Khe, a UH-1D was spinning up, apparently to take a piece of brass somewhere. The brass' jeep pulled up with a low-frequency whip antenna extended. Dunno if it was Brass on an obsequious driver, but the jeep tried to pull up alongside the door, under the spinning main rotor. The antenna became a long razor blade whipping around for a revolutioin or so, then flew off. Nobody hurt, but the next dangerous item whipping around was the now-delaminated leading edge foil of the main rotor. Fortunately, nobody hurt, but a Hook had to come get the Huey off to a repair depot.

Dunno if it was CLM for the brass, or Article 15 for the driver, or nothing at all. Good thing the ship did not have door guns. The pilot and crew were NOT happy.
                Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Very sorry to hear that, Anne!

Comment

I am so sorry to hear that, Anne. The thing I tell myself about my airplane sitting in a hangar at KFAM is at least nobody's going to crash it.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
                      WTF

Further, the ropes used to tie down the helicopter’s main rotor blades were found wrapped around the rotor head swashplate and pitch control rods.
                      709 ride, anyone? (If that's what it's called)

Comment

I was a partner in an A-55 Baron for about a year. When I bought the P-Baron, I agreed to sell it and my partners wanted to sell too. The fella that purchased that landed gear up in less that 5 hours of flight time. It was sold for salvage. We just couldn't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephanie Belser View Post

709 ride, anyone? (If that's what it's called)
                          It is called a 709 ride. However, in the case of a commercial pilot making such a blunder, a successful 709 ride would likely be irrelevant. His employability as a pilot is badly damaged.
                          Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Sorry Anne

Comment

Sorry to hear that. It really sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X