Trip delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip delay

Seems a major airline had a maintenance issue. 4:00 A.M. notice our dream vacation would be delayed.

“ Good morning ladies and gentlemen, we have an abnormal delay this morning; we will be back to normal delays as soon as possible.”

Lots of weather delays today. BOS, EWR, JFK, LGA, ORD all showing ground delay programs at the moment.

https://www.fly.faa.gov/ois/

If your an optimist, think about the weather delays that your mechanical delay is saving you from!

If you're a pessimist; Damn, those airport food outlets are expensive!

I'm home where the only delays I've experienced have been two extended rain delays in the last two Braves' games...

Comment

Of course, we have the normal hotel reservations which will have to be adjusted and will probably lose at least one day together. Don't think my family can push things back a day with their work schedule. Better to be cancelled before I had gone to the airport and waited. My niece had driven in with young kids and worked out new flights at 4:00 this morning. She's now taking another carrier. I'm on the same flight tomorrow morning. We'll see.

Comment

Where are you going?

Comment

If I post that, I can't post pics and ask where i am later :-)

Comment

That's a good point!

Comment

Did you see the PM?

Comment

I had a delay leaving MSY on Wednesday.

Missed my connection in ATL. Of course, to a one flight per day location.

Comment

That's a real bummer and sometimes can't be avoided. Hopefully, they helped with a room and meals. That's what we had. One plane out a day to destination and they scrubbed it.

Comment

This was one of my flights yesterday.

The release showed us arriving with over 11,000 pound of fuel; nearly two hours. As the storms moved through Texas it kept closing arrivals into IAH. Everyone would be re-routed to another arrival. The storms would move and close that arrival and everyone would be rerouted again. I think we were rerouted five times on three separate arrivals.

We eventually landing with 6,200 pounds. A lot of other flights ended up in Austin.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good you were even able to get in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post
                        That's a real bummer and sometimes can't be avoided. Hopefully, they helped with a room and meals. That's what we had. One plane out a day to destination and they scrubbed it.
                        Got a room. And $15 meal voucher, for 24 hour delay. And supposedly, only got meal voucher due to my airline status (Diamond on Delta this year).

Comment

Working...
                        X