Ed Freeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Freeman

This might be late or redundant, but I just found an amazing story about him, published in March, 2024. The photo is small, but please zoom your browser and read.
    Geology rocks, but geography is where it's at.

Very well written and moving.

Comment

He actually died 16 years ago. Here's a more complete story. Vietnam was his third war.

Comment

Not to take away from anyone who earned the MOH, but that is what folks do when in an assault helicopter company. I knew three MOH guys from Vietnam. They were the Army helicopter pilot Mike Novosel, and the Navy Seals Norris and Thornton. My cousin was a Doc in Vietnam and introduced me to Novosel. My AHC supported Seal Team 2 (?) at Hoi An, so I was around them from time to time.
        I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
        48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Originally posted by B.Butler View Post
          He actually died 16 years ago. Here's a more complete story. Vietnam was his third war.
          Thank you very much for that. Geesh. Pork Chop Hill, too!

If anyone here has not seen "We Were Soldiers", please do. It's a realistic portrayl of the battle of Ia Drang Valley.
          Last edited by Ray Tackett; 10-04-2024, 19:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Bridges View Post
            Not to take away from anyone who earned the MOH, but that is what folks do when in an assault helicopter company. I knew three MOH guys from Vietnam. They were the Army helicopter pilot Mike Novosel, and the Navy Seals Norris and Thornton. My cousin was a Doc in Vietnam and introduced me to Novosel. My AHC supported Seal Team 2 (?) at Hoi An, so I was around them from time to time.
            As we know, many medals were earned every day, a few of which were actually awarded.

Comment

Working...
            X