Scott's Avionics Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott's Avionics Adventure

As featured in an Aviation Consumer video released today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lw6LqiuHlo

This is part of the AC series on looking at various upgrade options, e.g., budget, mid-level, higher end.

What a lovely story! Nice that they let you walk through the reasons behind your selections. As I think I wrote previously, we put new avionics into our fleet last year. Happy to discuss it further, but don't want to steal the thread!

Comment

Hmm, do they want to do another video? I am scheduled in for avionics upgrade in January.

Comment

Larry Anglisano and I have been friends for many years, I had a lot of fun doing this. Most of his efforts on avionics upgrades have been helping people with less substantial avionics work on a far more limited budget. He did want to do at least one on a more upper end re-do of the panel...but there are ALWAYS compromises that go into the equation.

Comment

If he wants to another higher end to compare the decision process, I would be willing to do so.

Comment

In 2022 we upgraded panels across our fleet of six aircraft. The two C172s got dual Garmin GI-275s. The C182s and C210s each got the 10" Garmin G3X and a backup Garmin G5. They all got new sheet metal panels as well, which really dressed up these late 1970s/early 1980's panels. Here's an example C182.
            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Working...
              X