Latest C182 Panel upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest C182 Panel upgrade

Last fall we sold a 1977 C182 and replaced it with a 1999 C182. Yesterday we finally got the plane back after getting new avionics and a new flat panel. Main draw is the 10" Garmin G3X Touch with G5 backup (same as our other 4 "higher end" aircraft). We ended up going with the certified JPI EDM 930 so we ended up removing a bunch of engine instruments on this aircraft, where the other 3 have the non-certified JPI EDM 830, so on those aircraft we kept the original engine instruments, fuel gauges, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3626.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	25740 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3628.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	1,007.4 KB
ID:	25741

Very nice! Your group is good about maintaining good similarity among the aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Dyer HPN/NY View Post
      Very nice! Your group is good about maintaining good similarity among the aircraft.
      Yes, fleet commonality is a very large focus of our Board -- of course, it falls off for some less critical items (such as #2 NAV/COM) and it starts to get a bit difficult with some avionics. This plane, as you'll see has an audio panel that is different from the rest, as the last "selected standard" is no longer made - even though it was just selected 3 years ago.

Our next "standardized upgrade that'll make us swallow hard" includes likely autopilot updates. Our existing STEC 30 units (in 3 of the 4 aircraft with autopilots) are no longer well supported by the manufacturer...

Comment

I'm figuring the G500 will work in all your airframes?

Comment

John,
          What shop did the work?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Dyer HPN/NY View Post
            I'm figuring the G500 will work in all your airframes?
            Yep. That is where we are leaning. But, of course, I'd really, really like to get the coffers to re-fill a bit before heading down that path. Cuz it would mean G500x4 aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by A. Niemyer View Post
              John,
              What shop did the work?
              We've had almost all of our avionics for the last many years done right here at Flying Cloud by Modern Avionics. They did this work. Unfortunately, the main guy, Kurt, recently retired. Also - they've also recently been sold - but at least it is to the local (new-ish) FBO - AV8 - which is partly owned by a former Cloud 7 member.

Projects Flights Hours Avionics Team AV8 Modern Avionics Panel Upgrade & Retrofit Services + Avionics Maintenance With more than 20 years of experience, we offer reliable, competitive avionics services at the highest quality of workmanship. We know how important your aircraft is to you,

Since Kurt knows that we buy either 2x or 4x or 6x of whatever avionics we need - he's been good to us over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by John O'Shaughnessy [FCM] View Post

Yep. That is where we are leaning. But, of course, I'd really, really like to get the coffers to re-fill a bit before heading down that path. Cuz it would mean G500x4 aircraft.
                Lots of good CFI work on getting folks up to speed on how to fly with the G500. <G>

Comment

John,
                  Yes, Kurt did amazing work; he did my ADSB-In/Out system update and a couple of other things. Not sure how the new guys will work out; I called recently with a technical question. Person who answered didn't have an answer but wrote it all down and assured me they would call back.

Still waiting...

There are other shops.

Comment

Working...
                  X