For your man cave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For your man cave

Put this Martin-Baker ejection seat in front of your flightsim setup for only $19,500. Rocket not included. https://www.boeingstore.com/collecti...ection-seat-ii

Originally posted by Ralph Jones View Post
    Put this Martin-Baker ejection seat in front of your flightsim setup for only $19,500. Rocket not included. https://www.boeingstore.com/collecti...ection-seat-ii
    Very nice Ralph,
    T’would be quite the conversation piece / throne. Think we’ll stick with our typically dilapidated lawn chairs for airport hangar flying sessions.

Regards,
    Tom Charlton

"The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Jones View Post
      ejection seat
      Mmmmmmmm, far cry from our first days in the T-33s, thinkin' back to what we were taught - "Left, right, squeeze".

best, randy

Comment

I had to purchase a new hand held radio. Has GPS on it. Now, when I go shopping I won't have to look at those arrows that say: you are here anymore :-)

Comment

I cannot imagine WANTING to sit in an ejection seat, unless you were flying some neat toy.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
            I cannot imagine WANTING to sit in an ejection seat, unless you were flying some neat toy.
            I can see wanting to have a seat if you're building a SIM with motion feedback. But the price tag is a bit steep for that crowd.

Comment

Hmm, reflecting to my -long time ago, circa 1958-59 ejection seat training in Pensacola. It was a very big kick and then up the rails I guess 25-30 feet. I think the USN modified that training in the coming years -too many injuries to the neck and back. Thus I doubt if I'll place an order.

Regards,

Dux

Comment

You probably rode the trainer with the actual blank cartridge.

Later they went to compressed air, so a bit softer ride. Also, by the time I went through, most of the seats were rockets, and softer themselves. T-37 still had a cartridge.

Comment

Working...
                X