FAA Too Cozy With Another Company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAA Too Cozy With Another Company?

The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration says it should have done a better job of ensuring Southwest Airlines Co had certified completion of maintenance on 88 used Boeing 737 jets, as noted in a report by the U.S. Transportation Department's Inspector General released on Tuesday.
    Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

The FAA noted it changed the leadership of its office that oversees Southwest and “continues to address deficiencies in the work functions and culture.”
    Hmmmm. Makes you wonder what kind of relationship was going on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Holton View Post

Hmmmm. Makes you wonder what kind of relationship was going on there.
      I'll be nice to you, for a fat paycheck job when I retire........

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post

I'll be nice to you, for a fat paycheck job when I retire........
        Something like that. For example John Allen - Vice President, Safety, JetBlue Airways Corporation was, before he went to JetBlue, the FAA's Director of Flight Standards. I could name a number of folks who retired from the FAA and went to industry. Tony Broderick left the FAA as Associate Administrator for Aviation Standards and went to Airbus in Washington D.C.. Rick Cremer retired from the FAA and went to work for a consulting firm to represent a number of Japanese repair stations during their annual Foreign Repair Station certification renewals. Not a bad gig as I recall as it required several trips a year to Tokyo, Nagoya, Sendai, Osaka and Hiroshima and travel was always business or first class. The revolving door is especially notable in Seattle where engineers and test pilots at Boeing and the FAA are particularly cozy. I recall that a FAA colleague of mine retired from the FAA and went to Boeing as a test pilot for the 777 back in the 90s. Nice pension from the USGov, paid by Boeing to fly a new 777, what a deal.

Best

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Cremer View Post
          ... Rick Cremer retired from the FAA and went to work for a consulting firm to represent a number of Japanese repair stations during their annual Foreign Repair Station certification renewals. Not a bad gig as I recall as it required several trips a year to Tokyo, Nagoya, Sendai, Osaka and Hiroshima and travel was always business or first class...
          So that's what happened to that guy. Well, someone should congratulate him, kind of like this (second try, sorry):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	15517

Comment

Working...
          X