Prepar3d Flight Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepar3d Flight Simulator

This article from Avionics International talks about the flight simulator I use.

The name is pronounced Prepared.

Grace and Peace,
    I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
    48th AHC 1971-72

Very interesting. How much does it cost (bare bones) and how much computer does it take to run it? Thanks for sharing.
    regards, Rod

Comment

So you have a 10 monitor setup like the article??????

Comment

Thanks for the updates Bill. What would a basic system cost. I'd like the King Air, Citation II and P-Baron on there if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod Madsen View Post
          Very interesting. How much does it cost (bare bones) and how much computer does it take to run it? Thanks for sharing.
          Never mind. I see all of my questions are answered on their website. (prepar3d.com)
          Last edited by Rod Madsen; 12-28-2018, 11:18. Reason: added website
          regards, Rod

Comment

Originally posted by Rod Madsen View Post
            I see all of my questions are answered on their website. (prepar3d.com)
            Yeah, I see that if you buy the $59.95 "academic" version you have to certify that you're not going to have any fun with it <g>. I assume that's so they don't have to support the gamer market.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
              So you have a 10 monitor setup like the article??????
              I use one BenqBL3200 32" monitor with a nVidia 1060 video card. Some folks are now using 4k televisions as large as 65 inch.

Grace and Peace,
              Last edited by Bill Bridges; 12-28-2018, 11:44.
              48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Not interested, I don't see an A-10 available.

There is one, DCS, that has both A-10A and C models. And 3 training campaigns to learn the C model.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
                  Not interested, I don't see an A-10 available.

There is one, DCS, that has both A-10A and C models. And 3 training campaigns to learn the C model.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/
                  There is something for everyone out there.

Grace and Peace,
                  48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Thanks, Bill. Very interesting. I had forgotten where Microsoft Flight Simulator ended up.

Now that the FAA is allowing IFR currency on approved simulators without a flight instructor, we are getting more requests from our club members. To date, I think $6500 is about the least expensive setup I've seen, as these approved systems come as a package deal. I'd love to find something (significantly) less expensive in exchange for spec'ing acquiring, building and testing the system myself, but I don't know that the FAA is approving any such setups.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Jones View Post

Yeah, I see that if you buy the $59.95 "academic" version you have to certify that you're not going to have any fun with it <g>. I assume that's so they don't have to support the gamer market.
                      OK, I took a look at the forum discussions about their EULA...had to make some popcorn <g>.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Jones View Post

OK, I took a look at the forum discussions about their EULA...had to make some popcorn <g>.
                        Ralph,

I think it gets down to P3D stating their sim is not for recreational use. What P3D has done is made a steeply discounted version for students, but I don't think P3D tries to enforce that policy. Those folks like me who are not in school or are licensed pilots are suppose to pay full freight. I paid for the full version, it was how I was raised.

Grace and Peace,
                        48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Working...
                        X