• Show
Clear All

• A Gate for Randy

Click image for larger version

Name:	MSP G8.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	925
    Last edited by Bill Bridges; 01-11-2018, 22:29.
    I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
    48th AHC 1971-72

Originally posted by Bill Bridges View Post
    gate
    Dunno if this will work or not but that photo made me reminisce about the very first time I sat down in the 747's pilot seat and looked out thru the windshield. Hoky-smokes! I was looking at the MSP terminal's roof while belting in and stuff.

best, randy

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Sohn View Post

Dunno if this will work or not but that photo made me reminisce about the very first time I sat down in the 747's pilot seat and looked out thru the windshield. Hoky-smokes! I was looking at the MSP terminal's roof while belting in and stuff.

best, randy
      Worked great, Randy.

Though I think the International 747's were more likely to be at G2 - G6 -- sometimes with two jetways - one for the elite, and one for cattle class. Moo!

Comment

Originally posted by John O'Shaughnessy [FCM] View Post

Worked great, Randy.

Though I think the International 747's were more likely to be at
        Might well be John, tho I don't really know. Tho guess that I thought that the dual jetways were for boarding thru two fuselage doors at one time, again, I dunno what the gate agents did or thought or figured.

That first time in the whale (I'd been flying the sims in training, this was flight traning in the actual airplane) when I sat down up front it was only going to Chicago (ORD) but I can distinctly remember looking out at the termoil's rooftop.

Never flew Intl. out of MSP, I had to commute to LAX to do that, too much senority in the MSP crew domicile. To fly the heavys out of MSP I had to bid back to flying the DC-10s. Worked "mo-bettah" for me anyhow, those Intl. 747 trips to the Orient were killing me! MUCH better DC-10 flights to Europe, easy 9-10 hour trips.

best, randy
        Last edited by Randy Sohn; 01-12-2018, 18:47.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	MSP 744.jpg Views:	2 Size:	335.2 KB ID:	951
          48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Randy,

The first picture was a B772 and the second is from a B744. Folks think the B777 is a big airplane until it sets beside a B744. Both pictures from the same spot.

Bill
            48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Working...
            X