Cloud Storage WithOUT Needing a Dedicated App?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud Storage WithOUT Needing a Dedicated App?

I'm interested in reasonably-priced could storage on the order of 50Gb. Every service I've looked at has some invasive app that's on line all the time, automatically syncing files. NO WAY! I just want to ba able to log on, upload my encrypted zip files, and download them again as needed. Anybody know a service which does not require use of their app?
    Last edited by Ray Tackett; 08-31-2020, 19:04.
    Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

I use SOS. They don't necessarily do auto uploading (but could, I think). I use their program for uploading. It may be required but if so it may not meet your needs.

Comment

Ray: does Drop Box work?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Tackett View Post
        I'm interested in reasonably-priced could storage on the order of 50Gb. Every service I've looked at has some invasive app that's on line all the time, automatically syncing files. NO WAY! I just want to ba able to log on, upload my encrypted zip files, and download them again as needed. Anybody know a service which does not require use of their app?
        I'm pretty sure you can just use the web clients for many of these services, and not use their local apps. I got sick of Drop Box wanting to get in my knickers everywhere, and deleted all the local apps, but can still get to stuff using the web.

Comment

Thanks, folks. I share John's opinion of Dropbox, plus having to block their emails. Support at Icedrive has given me fast answers which induce me to sign up. Likely today.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Tackett View Post
            Thanks, folks. I share John's opinion of Dropbox, plus having to block their emails. Support at Icedrive has given me fast answers which induce me to sign up. Likely today.
            Ray,

Did you see my post in this section on free cloud storage? I'm not sure if it is any help or not?
            I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
            48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Thanks, Bill. The freebie limits are kinda low for what I'd like to have in an offsite backup. It was your post that got me looking again after dropping Certain Safe. Those guys "upgraded:" their site javascript into unusability.

Comment

Working...
              X