ATIS APP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATIS APP

For you folks that use iPhone there is an ATIS APP. It has the current ATIS is written form for a large number of airports around the country. I found it in the Apple Store.
    I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
    48th AHC 1971-72

It's a good start, but it has a pretty limited number of stations

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Gorrell View Post
      It's a good start, but it has a pretty limited number of stations
      I'm sure there is a source for others, but I don't know where to look.
      I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
      48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

I've got that app on my company iPad. I believe it's only pulling data from airports that have a D-ATIS and only from the FAA, hence no international stuff yet. There's also a D-ATIS website (https://datis.clowd.io/) that provides the same data.

I noticed that it provides both a departure and arrival ATIS for airports that split the two. It would be handy if I ever flew into an airport with a D-ATIS, and if my aircraft had WiFi. Most airports I take my King Air into don't even have a control tower.

Comment

Dusty - That's right. ForeFlight has a d-atis function as well, works only with internet not with ADS-B in. Only for those digital atis airports, too.

Comment

I've just installed the basic app on an iPad. I'm in Northern Ireland and the apps started with just KSFO and EGLL but I was immediately able to add all of the airports in the northwest British Isles. Maybe it's location sensitive?

The cost is minimal so I'll probably upgrade to the Pro version.

**Double checked, The app I loaded was the first result from an appstore search for "ATIS", it is in fact "StationWeather - METAR and TAF", still useful though.
            Last edited by Séamas Mulholland; 11-13-2020, 10:16.

Comment

Working...
            X