Calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendar

I'm looking for a free, simple calendar to run under Windows 10. Nothing fancy. Just want to add date and time of appointments. Need not connect to my phone. Recommendations?

Ward,

I've been using PinkCal for years and have it on every Windows machine I use. I've not tested it on Win10, however.
    Please see http://www.orangesoftware.net

Comment

Originally posted by Ward Miller View Post
      I'm looking for a free, simple calendar to run under Windows 10. Nothing fancy. Just want to add date and time of appointments. Need not connect to my phone. Recommendations?
      I switched over to Google calendar a few years back, and have been happy. While it runs on my phone, etc., I most often use it on my Win10 machine. Instant sync across devices.

Comment

Originally posted by kmccutcheon View Post
        Ward,

I've been using PinkCal for years and have it on every Windows machine I use. I've not tested it on Win10, however.
        Please see http://www.orangesoftware.net
        Thanks, I'll give it a look.

Comment

Scott, I considered Google Calendar, but I've been having phone trouble so prefer not to involve it.

Comment

Win 10 has it's own calendar. I've never used it, but I'd imagine that it works much like Google Calendar and will sync across all devices that are logged into your Microsoft account.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Holton View Post
              Win 10 has it's own calendar. I've never used it, but I'd imagine that it works much like Google Calendar and will sync across all devices that are logged into your Microsoft account.
              Russell, I think it uses the cellphone and I wanted to avoid that.

Comment

You don't need to use a smartphone to use Google Calendar. http://calendar.google.com/

Comment

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 comes with the program.
                  Or, if you are using Office for word processing and spread sheets, use Outlook, which is part of the Office program.

Reams

Comment

Originally posted by Ward Miller View Post
                    Russell, I think it uses the cellphone and I wanted to avoid that.
                    The one I'm talking about is part of Windows 10. If you're running it on a PC, then that's were you can see it.

Comment

I've just found Pink-Cal is just what I wanted. Simple. Not a lot of functions to trip me up. Does exactly the simple taskmaster I needed.

Comment

It's always nice to see a standalone package that does not force you to store your data in the cloud and share it with the largest data aggregators on earth. Of course, Win10 is likely to do that for you anyway, as telemetry of course. -cynical meh

Comment

Working...
                        X