Shutting Her Down for Upgrades: Midnight ET, 11/3/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
    I spent the time riding in an A330 from CDG - ACC - OUA.
    Guess now that I finally can understand why we always used the FOUR letter ICAO code when filing the flight plan. Ie - KMSP, CWPG, PHNL.

best, randy

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Overly View Post
      We did manage to cut Russian spam registrations in the moderation queue down to three from the nightly 200+. We're going to have another go this weekend and see if we can't flank these little rascals.
      So you're playing Whack-a-Mole with the Commies?

Comment

WOW!. I found someone had notified AT&T to notify them every time I made a set up change in my e-mail. It's just getting nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Overly View Post
          Let me rephrase that. Everybody please go out tonight and have an epic time on the town while AVSIG is closed to posting. Post your mug shots tomorrow night (forum willing) and be automatically entered in our First Unannual What I Did While the Sig Was Down Contest*

*Open to all AVSIG members, member friends, assignees, and pets. Double entries for mug shots arising out of incidents at Chuck E. Cheeses. Waffle House incidents excluded. All entries due by 0400Z on 4 Nov 2019.
          So, what did I do while the 'Sig was down???

Comment

Originally posted by A. Niemyer View Post

Um ... I'll have what he's having!

Comment

OK, Terry, what kind of place is Burkina Faso to visit, given the fact that I am not fluent in French and I'd guess that English speakers are rare..??.

Reams

Comment

Originally posted by Reams Goodloe View Post
                OK, Terry, what kind of place is Burkina Faso to visit, given the fact that I am not fluent in French and I'd guess that English speakers are rare..??.

Reams
                Actually a lot of people do speak some English.

Not a lot of tourist things to do. There is the crocodile park. Where you can sit on a crocodile (yes, a live one), and feed them live chickens. Crocs are AMAZINGLY fast on land. At least for a short distance.

Outside the city is an area that my boss swears was where they faked the moon landings. The same powdery dust.

And you run into things like the idiot who decided it was perfect to run a leaf blower or trimmer at 9:30 last night at the hotel. It took two calls to the front desk to get them to stop.

Comment

Working...
                X