Commemorative thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commemorative thread

I see Walter’s name seems to constantly display. I suppose until there is another to commemorate. Do others feel the most recent should be there. I was closest to Randy and wonder if I’m the only that might think of a different way to display those we were close to.

I miss them both, and it still feels strange that Geoff's not around, after about 40 years of seeing him at gigs. I was closest to Fred Potts.

Comment

I'm glad to have met Randy (more than once) and was able to thank him personally and publicly for big favor granted.

The guy I was closest to was Ward Miller. He did a great repair/reassembly job on a 19th century family heirloom clock. It's on the dining room wall, ticking away. I stop it for one hour in the fall, as the gentlest way to set it back. (Pushing the hands forward is fine.) Per Ward's recommendation, the 8 day movement gets wound once a week -- every WINDsday.
      Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

All good folks. Is there a way to recognize them differently than just having the last to pass displayed until there's another?

Comment

Mike Overly Perhaps after a couple of months, you can pop up an image of clouds or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cole Loftus View Post
            I miss them both, and it still feels strange that Geoff's not around, after about 40 years of seeing him at gigs. I was closest to Fred Potts.
            Make that 30 years. Apparently these types of thoughts affect my arithmetical skills.

Comment

Geoff really quietly went his own way. Wonderful that we got him to that last Gig he attended. Thanks for helping with that.

Comment

Working...
              X