Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 403 Forbidden while attempting new post to accidents/incidents

Solid error trying to post
    Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Originally posted by Ray Tackett View Post
    Solid error trying to post
    Don't take it personally, Ray.

Comment

I suspect it's an issue with the code designed to prevent SQL injection attacks. For some obscure reason, it takes offence to certain random phrases. You just have to use trial and error with the preview function until you figure out what sentence it's not liking and rephrase it.

I can duplicate it if I say something that looks like an actual SQL command.
      Last edited by Russell Holton; 01-31-2022, 23:43.

Comment

I give up. Nothing in the post vaguely resembles SQL commands. It's NTSB accident ERA22FA105, 11 January 22, Drexel Hill, PA. Quite a horror tale.

Comment

This is an annoying and I certainly hope short-lived “feature” of security measures we’ve taken at the server level. Certain text, especially in a cut & paste scenario, trips the 403 at present. Once we’re certain the forum structure can’t be attacked externally we will de-content.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Overly View Post
            This is an annoying and I certainly hope short-lived “feature” of security measures we’ve taken at the server level. Certain text, especially in a cut & paste scenario, trips the 403 at present. Once we’re certain the forum structure can’t be attacked externally we will de-content.
            Hi Mike,

This has gotten beyond annoying. I just spent the last hour crafting a post for the forum, and was forbidden from posting it. There is nothing in it which vaguely resembles SQL or "explicit" language, except a guy named "Dick" is mentioned. Only one person alive is allowed to call him "Richard", and it's not me. It's a story I really want to tell. HELP!

Comment

I've had issues from time to time. I usually end up previewing one part at a time until I find the offender and then work to reword it.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Holton View Post
                I've had issues from time to time. I usually end up previewing one part at a time until I find the offender and then work to reword it.
                That's OK for something short. This post is about 500 words. I put a lot of effort into the story and its wording, and loathe the idea of being forced to butcher it to satisfy stupid, buggy software.

Comment

Tried again, piecemeal, just now. Found out that anything enclosed in double quotes is forbidden. Omitted the quotes from the past and edited them back in OK. Did that multiple times and uploaded the images. Save, FORBIDDEN !@#$%! i deleted all the quotation marks and still forbidden. I give up until I hear it's fixed. This is ridiculous.

Comment

It doesn't make me feel any better, but it's not vB -- it's us. These 403s remain an annoying byproduct of our server-level first-defense line of permissions, and we've left them in-place since each vB security patch seems to come with a clever new security breach. I'll talk with people smarter than me to see what we can relax, but it remains a moving target.

Comment

Thanks for following up. There should be absolutely no way to get into SQL or command injectiion trouble via text in a post. Feels like an overkill solution for a non-problem.

Comment

I just had this happen. What I found works is to copy the text and paste it into Word. Then refresh the AVSIG page, and then Copy and Paste from the Word doc. Seems to get through the screening.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
                          I just had this happen. What I found works is to copy the text and paste it into Word. Then refresh the AVSIG page, and then Copy and Paste from the Word doc. Seems to get through the screening.
                          Word has a tendency to "upgrade" punctuation to a fancier character, such as changing the ACSII quote to open quote/close quote. It's the only thing I can think of that would change your text. But I didn't see any quote marks in your posts today.

Comment

Just had the same thing happen.

ATC - Stressed Controller thread.

I wrote my response, tried to submit, got the 403 error. Copied, refreshed the page, I got 403 when I tried to paste.

I opened Word, pasted my comment into Word. Refreshed the AVSIG page, copied the text from Word and was able to paste and submit to the forum.

Comment

Working...
                            X