Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Posts

Mike,

I noticed that AVSIG was down most of the day yesterday and was struggling to recover yesterday evening. I made a couple of posts during the evening of November 7 that are not appearing. Have these posts been lost or are you still trying to recover from the system being down?

Grace and Peace,
    I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
    48th AHC 1971-72

And I noticed some previously posted on November 7 were posted again today as New.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Bridges View Post
      noticed that AVSIG was down most of the day yesterday and was struggling to recover yesterday evening. I made a couple of posts during the evening of November 7 that are not appearing. Have these posts been lost or are you still trying to recover from the system being down?
      I just don't know what's happened/going on but it appears to me that this one that I'd written to Larry Boyers about the recent 737 crash and his "thick handbook" of was one of those lost:

best, randy
      • Larry, a comment here from the peanut gallery. Looking back at a 5 year USAF deal training B-25 MDAP (Mutual Defense Allied Pact nations) students and then a 35 yearlong period of airline flying/training stuff, spent part of it flying with and training pilots worldwide. Those distillations of things that we'd learned (Q.R.H.) are in English. Sometimes it's v-e-r-y hard for for a rather minimally experienced captain/FO to sort it all out (quickly!) when the instruments are telling you one thing and the sky right outside the cockpit is telling you something else! BT&DT, believe me. Anyhow, we'd all like to think that pilots are all able to comprehend/communicate impeccably in English - BUT (head shakin' sadly here) it just ain't so, mi amigo!

"Porque ahora? - Yo no se, Capitan!" ----SPLAT-----

Comment

I think the hamster died yesterday and Mike had to get a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Bridges View Post
          Mike,

I noticed that AVSIG was down most of the day yesterday and was struggling to recover yesterday evening. I made a couple of posts during the evening of November 7 that are not appearing. Have these posts been lost or are you still trying to recover from the system being down?

Grace and Peace,
          Bill: Still trying to recover those posts. Right now the latest working backup missed everything past 19:00 on the 7th. Very aggravating.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Overly View Post

Bill: Still trying to recover those posts. Right now the latest working backup missed everything past 19:00 on the 7th. Very aggravating.
            Mike, did they do a system upgrade at 7pm on the 7th? <ng>

Comment

I am having an issue in Chrome. The pages are all messed up withe gigantic avatars blocking things. And every post has a Comment box under it, but I cannot post.

Evein IE, if I read a post, and hit the back button, it doesn't exit the thread. Unless I double click the back button.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
                I am having an issue in Chrome. The pages are all messed up withe gigantic avatars blocking things. And every post has a Comment box under it, but I cannot post.
                Strange. I'm using Chrome right now. All is well. Just for fun, try pressing ctrl-0 (that's a "zero"). It resets any zoom back to "normal". Some pages render strangely if the zoom is something other than 100%.

Comment

Chrome has been totally fine for me, since the inception of the new forum.

Comment

Fine here too.

Comment

I think it was something in my system.

I had an issue signing into another forum and could not get Malwarebytes to run.

NOT a good sign. Found an online scanner that found two issues, and things are running normally again

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
                        and could not get Malwarebytes to run.

NOT a good sign.
                        Concur!

Comment

Working...
                        X