New since last time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New since last time?

Mike, I'm stumbling on more and more new posts that are not listed in New Since Last On. This morning I saw a New post and it was actually #2 of a thread and the original was not listed as new but had been posted a little earlier. It is happening about every third time or so I log on.

I see it, too. In fact, your post didn't show up in the box this morning.

I don't generally look at it...just do a Ctrl-F search on the date.

Comment

Ralph, I use "New since last visit" because that's what I thought it was for. If I use a search on date, it might have to cover two days, then I'll get a lot of the earlier ones on the first date I have already seen. New since last visit is what I want to look at and I thought would work that way. It seemed to work okay up until recently.

Comment

Agreed that "New since last visit" seems to be working less well than it used to.

Comment

There's still the New Message Notification bug that seems to be triggered by having some old unread messages. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised but what the two issues might have the same root cause.

Comment

Russell, the problem I described seems to have begun maybe a month ago. I hope Mike is following this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward Miller View Post
              Mike, I'm stumbling on more and more new posts that are not listed in New Since Last On. This morning I saw a New post and it was actually #2 of a thread and the original was not listed as new but had been posted a little earlier. It is happening about every third time or so I log on.
              Ward: The list is triggered by a search string that can be influenced by a number of forum use conditions, and if you're consistently missing posts I'd just skip it in favor of clicking the "Recent Posts" link in the navigation bar. The forum sections also show new message activity in the right-most column.

Comment

Mike, each time I log on I look at the list of "New since last visit" and click on them one at a time. Other than occasionally writing a new item, that is all I ever do with the forum. No searches, no nothing.

You say I should ignore that and click on "Recent Posts" link in the navigation bar. Does that mean I must go to each forum section and do that? I have no idea where the navigation bar is, or the Recent Posts link is.

My needs are simple and my time is limited. The title "New since last visit" seems to be very specific. Now you are saying the search string can be influenced by many things. Maybe the title should be changed to "Some of the new since last visit".

Comment

Hi Ward -- Recent Posts is on the main page, just above the "New Since Last Visit".

Comment

Working...
                  X