"Descend When Ready"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Descend When Ready"

I heard the term "Descend when ready" today from Toronto Center today as opposed to "Descend at pilot's discretion."

It was all part of my learning something new . Being a gringo I'd always heard 'descend at pilot's discretion." ROFL
    I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
    48th AHC 1971-72

So much more genteel!

Comment

It strikes me as "friendlier" for pilots whose first language isn't English.

Comment

Reminds me of hearing Danny Kaye talking about flying his light twin into Baja, and being told "The wind -- she is quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Bridges View Post
          I heard the term "Descend when ready" today from Toronto Center today as opposed to "Descend at pilot's discretion."

It was all part of my learning something new . Being a gringo I'd always heard 'descend at pilot's discretion." ROFL
          Pretty standard Canadian terminology. I've run across it from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Bridges View Post

Would they understand if you read back, "PD to 5,000..."

Comment

Of a certainty, Paul.....although I've always used the Canadian terminology.

Comment

Working...
              X