Glide Slope Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glide Slope Location

Is there a publication that has the Lat/Lon location of Glide Slopes? I can find the LOC/DME, but not the Glide Slope.

Grace and Peace,
    I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
    48th AHC 1971-72

Maybe, but it's not in the usual nav dbs as you don't navigate to the GS antenna as a waypoint and DME isn't colocated there.

Comment

What Scott said, but if you want to compute it, it seems doable to fair accuracy. The localizer antenna is usually just beyond the end of the runway. The runway length and direction are known, and the GS shack is usually 1000' from the threshold.
      Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Not sure why you want this. Are you building a replica of a particular airport for your simulated missions? If so, I may have an idea for you.

Comment

Originally posted by B.Butler View Post
          Not sure why you want this. Are you building a replica of a particular airport for your simulated missions? If so, I may have an idea for you.
          The antenna will always be located at the mid-point of the 1000' TD Zone marking when geographically feasible, otherwise as near as the field architecture permits. Very distinctly observable on Google Earth, from which you can derive the lat/long, as seen here:

Last edited by B.Butler; 12-22-2018, 18:40.

Comment

Or this:

Comment

Originally posted by B.Butler View Post
              One on of the airports in my sim it seems to be located in the wrong position. Normally it's very obvious where it is located. The airport I'm struggling with is KBHM RWY24.

Grace and Peace,
              48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Bridges View Post

airport I'm struggling with is KBHM RWY24
                Used to go into there a lot when we used to take B-25s over there for the Hayes Corp. to do IRANS on them, gonna try to look at that deal meb'be to help you.

best, randy

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	KBHM.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	8872
                  Originally posted by Bill Bridges View Post
                  The airport I'm struggling with is KBHM RWY24.
                  Could it be this?

I flew into KBHM about 8 times last year. Always landed on 06.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John O'Shaughnessy [FCM] View Post
                    Could it be this?

I flew into KBHM about 8 times last year. Always landed on 06.
                    This year (April), I landed on 36 and took off on 6. Don't recall seeing any construction around the departure end of 6 that would have resulted in the 24 GS being relocated.

Comment

That is it; you can even see the shadow of the antenna. I can't explain why it isn't in the customary place, nor why the 4-light vasi is also displaced, but these things are not sited arbitrarily. The approach plate notes that they are not aligned. Curious.

Comment

Originally posted by John O'Shaughnessy [FCM] View Post
                        flew into KBHM about 8 times last year. Always landed on 06
                        Yup, used to go into there a lot with B-25s going to Hayes for IRAN, always said 06 was like going into the open end of a big football stadium.

best, randy

Comment

Thanks guys for the help. I need to move the G/S on my sim, it appears to be in the wrong place.

Grace and Peace,
                          48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Working...
                          X