Crew Dragon's Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crew Dragon's Return

The live feed is up. Reentry burn is just before 2PM EDT, splashdown at 2:48.

Now aboard the recovery ship after a safe arrival.
    Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

I thought that crew egress procedure would never be finished...

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Jones View Post
        I thought that crew egress procedure would never be finished...
        P.T. Barnum would have been proud. "This way to the egress."
        Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

It seemed they spent about 30 minutes trying to eliminate some leftover chemicals. Seems to have been a bit ... unnecessary as technicians were hovering around poking at stuff for a while BEFORE two guys in SCUBA tanks showed up.

Comment

I appreciate the caution since this WAS the first time. I’m sure they will work on this before the next launch.

But that fluster cluck at the landing site . . . I think they need more Coast Guard to keep the area clear. That could have been ugly if something had vented post landing.
            Tom Tyson-A&P

Pilots without Mechanics are just Pedestrians with fancy watches . . .
            ( . . . and Mechanics without Pilots are Unemployed.)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Tyson View Post
              But that fluster cluck at the landing site . . . I think they need more Coast Guard to keep the area clear. That could have been ugly if something had vented post landing.
              Darwin

Comment

I appreciate the caution since this WAS the first time. I’m sure they will work on this before the next launch.

I guess a TFR doesn't work for boats...

Comment

No, but there was also a Notice to Mariners from the Coast Guard.
                  Tom Tyson-A&P

Pilots without Mechanics are just Pedestrians with fancy watches . . .
                  ( . . . and Mechanics without Pilots are Unemployed.)

Comment

But that fluster cluck at the landing site . .
                    Video: https://www.ibtimes.com/nasas-spacex...p-boat-3021478

Comment

Working...
                    X