Artemis Rocket Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artemis Rocket Test

I watched the Artemis test-firing yesterday. It was supposed to run for eight minutes (the duration of a flight), but it cut off at just over a minute.

My guess would be that the first flight, which was supposed to be later this year, will be rescheduled, if it happens at all.

Comment

NASA's doing its level-best to shine up this turd. They're trying to find whatever they can in order to proclaim a planned 8-minute test burn that only ran for 67 seconds as a success.

Which is kind of like claiming that scoring 13 out of 100 on a test is a passing grade.

Comment

At a face-value quick read, it appears what failed was in the engine - which is a proven design. Not necessarily a flaw in the new parts they really wanted to test. Still, I think it needs a full test.

Comment

What would it take to set up for a re-test? If nothing blew up, and they know what part caused the issue (not sure about that), any reason they couldn't re-test within a week? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by John O'Shaughnessy [FCM] View Post
            What would it take to set up for a re-test? If nothing blew up, and they know what part caused the issue (not sure about that), any reason they couldn't re-test within a week? Just curious.
            From the video I posted, apparently it's quite a production to stage the fuel. It would take them a few weeks just to setup for another run - even if they found and fixed the problem immediately. Not sure why.

Comment

Working...
            X