SN11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SN11

There was supposed to be a static engine test yesterday, but it was scrubbed.

It is supposed to fly later this week.

I saw they are expecting to do an orbital flight by July.

Postponed until at least Monday

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
      According to Ars Technica, they don't like to close the surrounding roads on weekeds because of beach access. They may well be capable of launching this weekend, but they have tried to avoid such in the past.
      Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Hi Terry,
        Far as I’m concerned history is in the making, in several ways, at Boca Chica.

Something I find amazing is the incredible difference in openness between SpaceX and all the other rocket building companies. At KSC, across the river from me in Titusville, is Blue Origin. Beautiful, giant, closed, secretive blue buildings. No rockets. Perhaps someday.

Down in Boca Chica SpaceX is building and flying rockets. Simultaneously they are building launch facilities and the machine to build a massive number of rockets.

The difference in corporate culture is massive and I expect would be incorporated into any credible education leading to an MBA.

A fascinating series of videos, chronicling the breathtaking rate of construction, can be found at:
        https://www.youtube.com/c/NASASpaceflightVideos/videos

Elon has turned the Space Launch services world on its head. ULA, Boeing, European Space Agency, Energia and others all in a quiet panic. None of them can even come close to the SpaceX cost per pound to space. Perhaps someday but they’re all years behind resting on their laurels.

That said . . . Elon’s dreams of a community of a thousand people on Mars ain’t gonna happen.

Regards,
        Tom Charlton (watching closely)
        "The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

SN15 flew yesterday.

And landed successfully. At no RUD event, at least for over an hour after landing.

There was some flames from venting methane, but they have water cannons to control it.

Comment

There was some flames from venting methane, but they have water cannons to control it.
            The entire purpose of venting methane in my home is to produce flames. No water cannoss, though.

Glad SpaceX got it right this time.

Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Working...
            X