GAMI Selling STCs (airframe/engine, 2 req'd for singles) for G100UL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAMI Selling STCs (airframe/engine, 2 req'd for singles) for G100UL!

The American Bonanza Society posted the link on Beechtalk, here's John-Paul Townsend's post there describing the process (with salient links to the G100UL STC sale homepage). I got mine, Terry got his!:

We have opted to use Tom's post as a "soft rollout" to find any potential hidden issues in the process, and also to get user feedback. We know there are some UI and cosmetic rough edges on the website now. Some of those will be smoothed out later in the week, and some will come later. Keep the constructive notes coming. You can email them to comments@gami.com if you don't want to clutter this thread with them.

There is a front page to the STC website, which is http://g100ul.com. There is a resources tab for the AFMS and installation instructions. Not including those on the email that delivers the STC was a deployment compromise. That may change later. We'll mail copies with your tail number in the packet with the placards.

There is aslo some information for the "early adopter" benefit Rick was asking about. We're offering a $100 rebate against the first G100UL fuel purchase when that product gets out into the field. Currently, that promotion is only open to STC purchases made in January 2023, though we reserve the right to extend that since we announced it late.

To answer Terry's question, he is the first Mooney G100UL STC, but only by a few minutes! For Matthias, there is not yet an EASA validation of the STC. More on that later.

As Tom said, there is no publicly announced timetable, but believe me we are working to get fuel rolled out as quickly as possible. Stay tuned for more news on that front.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions or provide feedback.

Thanks,

John-Paul Townsend
    GAMI

Note the $100 G100UL fuel rebate for STCs bought in January 2023!

Comment

So -- What's the cost for your C210, Scott? Surprised they don't have a rough range of pricing in the FAQ.

What will the STC cost?

The STC pricing will be based on engines and horsepower, in a manner similar to the pricing for other fuel STCs that have been available for low octane gasolines.

Comment

Cross posting to the Cirrus Owners and Pilots Assoc member forums; many are also BeechTalk members, but I don’t think this has been seen yet.

Comment

Originally posted by John O'Shaughnessy [FCM] View Post
          So -- What's the cost for your C210, Scott? Surprised they don't have a rough range of pricing in the FAQ.

What will the STC cost?

The STC pricing will be based on engines and horsepower, in a manner similar to the pricing for other fuel STCs that have been available for low octane gasolines.
          Mine was $570, John. Hope I got the first 210!

Let John-Paul know that a rough pricing schedule would be helpful to folks.

Thanks, Andy. Yeah, a lot of the Beechtalk community hasn't seen it yet...the naysayers haven't chimed in yet about how awful this is, how GAMI is a bunch of thieves, how we don't need unleaded fuel, yada yada yada. So we know they haven't seen it....

Scott

Comment

Scott,
            Cost for the IO-550N & the Cirrus was $620, including sending me the stickers for the two fuel caps. Not sure when the opportunity will present itself to fill up with G100, but I'm looking forward to it!
            Yes, I expect the same-old-same-old complaints from all the Usual Suspects to be found across forums and social media.

Comment

I got the first Mooney. Number 6.

I paid $490 total.

Not sure if they went off original engine (210 hp) or the current one (220). But someone on BT with a 182 paid less than me.

Maybe we need to reach out to George about a fly in to Ada for current AVSIGers for a fill up.

Comment

Our Mooney was only $420. Guess the 201 smaller engine has another benefit <G>.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
                  But someone on BT with a 182 paid less than me..
                  I was reading in BeechTalk this morning. I think that "someone" was our own long, lost Dave Guthmiller.

Comment

It turns out, I was the FIRST sale of the STC after the beta testers for the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Alson View Post
                      Our Mooney was only $420. Guess the 201 smaller engine has another benefit <G>.

Andy
                      I suspect you only have two fillers.

I have the Monroy tanks, so 4 fillers.

Someone who George answers (he doesn't seem to remember me), should contact him about an AVISG Ada GIG for some G100UL. Good publicity.

Comment

Official papers and stickers are in hand.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
                          Official papers and stickers are in hand.
                          Congratulations Terry!
                          "The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Really great to see one of our own (GAMI and crew) at the forefront of implementing this solution to the lead issue.
                            What’s the latest on rollout and distribution of product?

Regards,
                            Tom Charlton
                            Hmm . . . wonder how much for my little ole Piper Cub. Likely not flying it to Ada for a fill-up<grin>.
                            "The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Ada actually has very little of the G100UL...better chance of getting it sooner in CA. It's roughly $2/HP....so what's the Cubbie? To get the final word, look it up at: http://g100ul.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X