TSA Training Refresher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSA Training Refresher

Recently refreshed my TSA CFI training. A joy as always that makes FIRCs look like the epitome of human thought.

Originally posted by Scott Dyer HPN/NY View Post
    Recently refreshed my TSA CFI training. A joy as always that makes FIRCs look like the epitome of human thought.
    Scott,

For those of us whose only contact with TSA is in a security line at an airport, could you elaborate on what is involved and the goal of the training?
    I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
    48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Bridges View Post

Scott,

For those of us whose only contact with TSA is in a security line at an airport, could you elaborate on what is involved and the goal of the training?
      Other than, "Don't train anyone with an accent"?

Comment

Scott,

Bill - Bruce got it mostly right....but oddly enough the video that we have to watch before taking the quiz doesn't go into any of a CFIs' obligation's to vet students through TSA or otherwise inspect passports etc. of citizens. What the video does cover is when to cal 911, and when to call the security 800 number, if we see odd stuff at the airport; that airplanes should have two locks (e.g., door and throttle); don't share gate codes, and other secret stuff I can't disclose. ;-)

Comment

I think the secret transponder code should be 1369 :-)

Comment

Scott,

Here's a link to the free training course: Takes about 15 minutes if you read slowly.

https://www.aopa.org/lms/courses/ga-...eral-aviation?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post
              I think the secret transponder code should be 1369 :-)
              I felt like that was my MOS in SE Asia from time to time. ROFL
              I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
              48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Originally posted by dave siciliano View Post
                i think the secret transponder code should be 1369 :-)
                s1200rstgd.

Comment

Working...
                X