World's Newest Private Pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's Newest Private Pilot

So it seems that it's been quite a while for a post like this in AVSIG, but I'm proud to report that my son, David, became the world's newest private pilot this morning. He finally got to take the flight portion of his test after two delays for weather, and two delays for mechanical issues with the DA-20s at the flight school he used for his rating.

He joins his brother, Jay, who's working on his commercial rating (with Scott Dyer as his CFI), me (some commercial and CFI ratings), and his grandfather (WWII PBY pilot) as the aviators in the family.

Andy

Good show, David!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Alson View Post
      son, David, became the world's newest private pilot this morning.
      Hi Andy,

Congratulations to your son! It’s a really big deal.
      The study and dedication required to acquire a Private Pilot Certificate is orders of magnitude more involved than getting a driver’s license. Few non-pilots have a clue. A DL is their only point of reference.

I’ve encouraged others to get a PP cert even if they go no further with it. It opens one’s eyes to a whole new world and can perhaps change a person’s thought process about everything.

Regards,
      Tom Charlton (whos thought process can be thought of as diminishing<grin>)
      "The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Charlton View Post
        The study and dedication required to acquire a Private Pilot Certificate is orders of magnitude more involved than getting a driver’s license.
        I'm told that in Europe it's only a little more...;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Alson View Post
          So it seems that it's been quite a while for a post like this in AVSIG, but I'm proud to report that my son, David, became the world's newest private pilot this morning. He finally got to take the flight portion of his test after two delays for weather, and two delays for mechanical issues with the DA-20s at the flight school he used for his rating.

He joins his brother, Jay, who's working on his commercial rating (with Scott Dyer as his CFI), me (some commercial and CFI ratings), and his grandfather (WWII PBY pilot) as the aviators in the family.

Andy
          Congratulations to David!!!!! And to you, too, for raisin' a couple of fine young aviators.

Details on the checkride, pls....was it Vic?

Comment

Great news Andy! Hope he gets off to a great start. With your coaching, I'm sure he has a solid foundation.

Comment

Wonderful news.

Comment

Congratulations to you both!

Comment

Congratulations David and you Andy the proud Dad.

Comment

How wonderful! Congratulations!!

Comment

Thanks, everyone! I'll pass the comments along to David. Maybe that will encourage him to write a report of his checkride to post here (although, probably not).

Andy

Comment

Congrats again to David!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Alson View Post
                          Congrats again to David!
                          Welcome aboard, Jay!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Alson View Post
                            Congrats again to David!
                            Hi Jay! Welcome back to the new AVSIG. Just remember you'll have to post a full report on your commercial ride when you complete it!

dad

Comment

Deal! Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X