Westchester (HPN) Safety Day June 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westchester (HPN) Safety Day June 13

Our Westchester Aviation Assn Safety Day for 2023 was held yesterday. I had the good fortune to run it this year, with a team of Fortune 50/100 flight department leaders to play a big role in programming and doing what we had to do to put the event on. We had 130 attendees and a full day: 3 panels, 2 individual speakers, in a pleasant venue not far from the airport. We've been working this since December and it feels good this morning. The program and a picture attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Safety Day 2023 Pic.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	531.9 KB
ID:	24434[ATTACH]n24433[/ATTACH]

WOW, look at all the suits and ties.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
      I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Just like the good old days, felt good!

Comment

Congratulations on a nice event. It has been thirty years since I last wore a tie. I am proud to be "unsuitable".
          Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
            Definitely East Coast.

Event looks nice.

Comment

Oddly, I thought I might get comments on the Program, rather than whether people wore ties or jackets! <G>

Comment

Well, I was thinking of coming if you did it again, but not if I have to dress up.

And HOW LONG have you been on AVSIG?????? ;D

Looks good, but I see why the suits and ties. Not our level of flying.

Comment

Every year, the day before the NBAA Regional at HPN in June. I learned a lot from all of our speakers, and our program committee as we constructed the agenda for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Dyer HPN/NY View Post
                    Oddly, I thought I might get comments on the Program, rather than whether people wore ties or jackets! <G>
                    It can make more of a difference than you think. Some years ago, the Allentown area pilots held a picnic event at ABE FAA was invited to meet and greet and to put human faces on officialdom.

Everybody was casual, of course, it being mid-summer and a picnic. The FAA all wore suits and ties. It really isolated them and blew their chance to mingle. Rick Cremer was in charge of FAA then. I sent him a note. He understood perfectly and put the word out about such events in the future.
                    Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

When a guy shows up in a coat and tie in northern Wisconsin, we assume he is selling life insurance.

Comment

Working...
                      X