Safety Day 2024 - Westchester HPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Day 2024 - Westchester HPN

We did it again, Safety Day for the 8th time! That was yesterday and we had a full day of training events, ranging from best circling practices in large cabin corporate jets (initial advice, just don't), to avoidance of deviance, to insurance underwriting considerations for corporate flight departments, Part 91 voluntary ASAP implementation, and all the recent developments in mental health/mental wellness including the advisory rulemaking committee's two dozen recommendations for reform. We had about 130 people with us from throughout the US with world class presenters including Richard Meikle, Chris Lutat, Steve Bruneau, Colin Bruno and Dr Quay Snyder.

We also gave out 2 scholarships for flight training to 2 wonderful high school women. One is already an accomplished and rated glider pilot. They are awesome people.

I started working on this in December. Now I get 6 mos. "off" before I start work on our 9th Safety Day for 2025.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Scott Dyer HPN/NY; 06-12-2024, 14:12.

That's great! You put on one of the most comprehensive programs I've ever seen. Don't know how you do it.

Comment

I'm not sure either, Rick. A big part is a great team of corporate department heads on our steering committee. They are a joy to work with and really know the business and safety. Otherwise, it gets a bit easier each year with more experience on the execution side. Still, I thought back yesterday at what we accomplished with all the moving pieces, and I was amazed at how it came together.

Comment

Nice job, Scott. Not sure that AVSIG Gigs provide sufficient training to set up this shindig!

Comment

Working...
        X