Basic Ground Instructor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Ground Instructor

Years ago I was qualified to teach a basic ground school. I haven't done it in years, but am thinking about getting back to it. Will I have to take FOI as well as the ground instructor test?

I "retired" from the working world a couple years ago. Well, actually I just quit my job but the results are the same. Too much time on my hands. The airport where I keep my plane used to be a grand place in its heyday but it's fallen into neglect. There are classrooms that go unused. Got me to thinking that perhaps I could get a ground school going again. Right now it's just an idea in my head but may as well flush out the details before it becomes public.

Thanks!

Tina,

Your ground instructor certificate doesn't expire but you'll need to demonstrate your current knowledge to an authorized instructor and get a logbook endorsement before you can utilize it.

Check out: §61.217 Recent experience requirements.

The holder of a ground instructor certificate may not perform the duties of a ground instructor unless the person can show that one of the following occurred during the preceding 12 calendar months:

(a) Employment or activity as a ground instructor giving pilot, flight instructor, or ground instructor training;

(b) Employment or activity as a flight instructor giving pilot, flight instructor, or ground instructor ground or flight training;

(c) Completion of an approved flight instructor refresher course and receipt of a graduation certificate for that course; or

(d) An endorsement from an authorized instructor certifying that the person has demonstrated knowledge in the subject areas prescribed under §61.213(a)(3) and (a)(4), as appropriate.

Andy

Comment

Very nice, thank you Andy. I think I'll get a Gliem study pack and brush up, first.

Comment

Working...
      X