Recurrent Airways/Approach Flying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recurrent Airways/Approach Flying

On a snowy day with no flying, I've been doing some recurrent work.

The first video, on 4 course ranges, is interesting as it demonstrates in flight what you hear in different segments of the range.

The second video (next message) highlights the rules of airway flying circa 1941.

Comment

Ah, the original Link. I actually got to fly one of those at Burnside-Ott circa 1964...with those little bitty wings it had a wicked stall <g>.

Comment

We took some of our instrument training in them back in Minneral Wells in 1970.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Jones View Post
          Ah, the original Link. I actually got to fly one of those at Burnside-Ott circa 1964...with those little bitty wings it had a wicked stall <g>.
          We flew the same one.. ANT-18. It was still there in 1968. With R. Biscant (sp?) 1763376, and Christine Lopez 1744925.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Jones View Post
            When the NASM opened, they had several Link trainers you could fly. Of course, long lines, so one day, I was waiting for the doors to open, and ran back to try out out.

Comment

Working...
            X