Upgrade to Vision Jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to Vision Jet

Hey Andy: what’s this upgrade all about?

Standby for Vision Jet G2 marketing vid. Time to sit back and turn up the volume.

Comment

Here's a vid more geared to describing the upgrade.
      http://youtu.be/rqyQAIe-vCU

Comment

Some nice upgrades to performance and capability, which shows the growth inherent in the design. But...

All those folks who plunked down money, some over 12 years ago, are now after about 100 airframes delivered, are apparently being told “Oh, by the way, that cheap price you’re paying now only gets you the Gen 1; if you want the new and improved, it’s going to cast you a whole lot more.” I expect we’ll see some more delivery slots up for sale and a number of used, low time G1’s available as well. It makes me speculate that what was going to be a profitable price in 2006-2008 is no longer such and the more G2’s they sell, the happier their Chinese government owners will be. (ICYMI, Cirrus is a 100%-owned Chinese GOE)

There’s informed speculation that a number of shorter-range minded Pt 135 charter operators are looking closely at acquisition and operating costs of the SF-50G1’s versus other equipment. On the one hand, the interior is very spacious and comfortable. On the other, apparently ANC headsets are still highly recommended. Having never even been invited to step in one, much less fly one (Yes, Cirrus does hold grudges) I can’t speak to that.

Best,
        Andy

Comment

Originally posted by A. Niemyer View Post
          Having never even been invited to step in one, much less fly one (Yes, Cirrus does hold grudges) I can’t speak to that.
          Best,
          Andy
          What'd you do now? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Dyer HPN/NY View Post
            What'd you do now? ;-)
            Whatever he did, just just compounded it! :-)

Comment

Oh boy, last I knew you were in real tight with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post
                Oh boy, last I knew you were in real tight with them.
                Yeah, me too.

Comment

Let's just say that while I remain close to many of the worker bees, 2/3's of the senior management and I butted heads pretty much over the 8+ years I was involved with the Type Club at a Director/President level. I dared to stand up for what we felt were the best interests of the owners and members of the Type Club. They wanted a captive lapdog cheering section for the sales department. I can tell some interesting stories if I make it to Gig2019.

In the big scheme of things, it's pretty minor.

Comment

I attended a flight instructor refresher clinic last weekend at the Knoxville airport. Our meeting was held next to the

Cirrus delivery center. Quite an impressive campus. Many SEL on the delivery ramp along with several jets. I took some photos but they are from a cell phone which is a sorry camera, will post if they look informative.

Comment

Dick,
                      The State of Tennessee offered major concessions to the Chinese if they would build their delivery center in Knoxville. These heavy tax reliefs (Mainly) allowed them to budget some significant building investment and they do have a great center there. Plus, on an afternoon where it's diving below -15F, the wind has picked up, making the cold flat-out brutal (We have hit the Celsius/Fahrenheit merger) it's a lot nicer place to do a delivery and training. (All SF50 owners and/or pilots are trained up to and must pass a significant, as in ATP-level, check ride before being allowed to take the bird. Insurance companies are requiring many, if not most, to have mentor pilots with then up to the first 100+ hours)

Best,
                      Andy

Comment

Working...
                      X